T Nation

Cutting 4% Bodyfat

I started working out “for realz” three months ago after messing around during off and on phases for a couple of years. In those three months I have gone from 178 lbs at 11.5% bodyfat to 195 lbs at 12.5% bodyfat. I want to continue to focus on gaining weight for now but want to drop to 9% by the beginning of fall semester in September. Anyway, my question is, how long should I dedicate to losing about 4% or 5%bodyfat?

Depending on how fast you want to lose weight, allocate 1 week for each pound of fat you want to lose. Losing a pound a week will allow you to keep your muscles.

So calculate all that shizzle and go from there.

Here’s my 178 and 188, lost my camera so no 195

188 13%

Change the approach to your goal. You’re way above 13% in that last pic. People dont seem understand that the more muscle you carry the lower your bodyfat is EVEN IF YOU LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME LEANNESS AS SOMEONE BIGGER. It is a PERCENTAGE.

Increase your muscle mass and your body fat % will go DOWN. Someone at your level of development should not even utter the words ‘caloric deficit’ for a few years at least.

Oh and please train your arms and lateral delts. A thick torso and small arms/narrow delts is not a good look.

EDITED
I miserad your post.

i second what bonez said… you’re definitely NOT 11% in that first pic… get more muscle and your BF% will drop

.greg.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Change the approach to your goal. You’re way above 13% in that last pic. People dont seem understand that the more muscle you carry the lower your bodyfat is EVEN IF YOU LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME LEANNESS AS SOMEONE BIGGER. It is a PERCENTAGE.

Increase your muscle mass and your body fat % will go DOWN. Someone at your level of development should not even utter the words ‘caloric deficit’ for a few years at least.

Oh and please train your arms and lateral delts. A thick torso and small arms/narrow delts is not a good look.

EDITED
I miserad your post. [/quote]

This is what the op should listen to.

You might as well say goodbye to all of any muscle gains if you try to diet that low right now. Anyone agreeing with that approach is more than likely LESS muscular than the OP.

Prove me wrong.

You should start lifting more weight and working out “for realz” for another 5 years and another 40-50 pounds before you think about dieting anything off. Report back when you have actual lean body mass to diet down to.