Cut to Bulk Transition

What’s the best way to transition from a fat loss phase to a bulk phase?

Should one just simply start eating more overnight, or should it be a more gradual change? I’ve heard concerns that an immediate shift would cause excessive fat gain. Are these concerns warranted?

It makes sense. While cutting your body is adapting and adjusting its metabolic rate. So when you start bulking, your RMR should be lower than normal. This would make the surplus you think that you’re in alot larger than expected, which would lead to excess fat gain.

Also, depending on your diet and how long you were cutting your insulin sensitivity maybe skewed which would effect how you partition your nutrients.

With all that said, I don’t find this situation that big of a deal. The excess “fat” gain that I think most people complain about is just water retention from re introducing a decent amount of carbohydrates back into their diets. They notice this water weight and panic. Also, lets assume there was fat gain going on. Adjust your caloric intake then. The notion that from night to morning you’ll wake up a fat bastard is nuts. If you notice the weight isn’t going where you want it, adjust.

Not too complicated. Make steady, small changes to be safe. Its not a race anyway.

[quote]elusive wrote:.

Also, depending on your diet and how long you were cutting your insulin sensitivity maybe skewed which would effect how you partition your nutrients.
[/quote]

IMO, this is the key difference between if you want to add quality muscle weight, or just add ‘weight’. Yes, your BMR will have lowered, but like Elusive said, small adjustments (cals AND carbs) will have the desired effect on your physique.

S

before you do anything, Keep your current weight for 3 or so weeks. NEVER immediately pile on calories.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
before you do anything, Keep your current weight for 3 or so weeks. NEVER immediately pile on calories.

[/quote]

This, aside that you will enjoy your new look, you wil give your body time to recover, sprecially if you were on a severe cut where many important hormones like T3 and Testosterone will be low.

And also ramp up you cals, if done properly you will have a nice anabolic rebound.