T Nation

Cut or Bulk for Teenager

Thanks a lot,the support of people here is amazing. Im glad i got this advice.

The truth is most people on here are not going to give you bad advice on purpose…

Your not the only one…

Couldn’t the thread have ended here?

I can attest to this. I used to be a lean 145-155lbs Muay Thai fighter and women were unimpressed.

Later in life, I got a gut from the bulk, slightly above average lifts, a beard and some chest hair, I was getting female attention left and right.

Dude’s 6’2", let’s get him pulling 750-800 at 231 :slight_smile:

Lol hopefully

Even obese teens shouldnt cut? Just eat a lot and lift? And cut in age 20’s?

Along with “No 18 year old should have attempted to cut multiple times”, I’ll extrapolate it to be that no 18 year old should be obese.

? What do you mean. Like 70% of most teens are obese

I dont know the % but i know its large

I believe you mean to say overweight.

But along with that, they never should be that way. An 18 year old that is obese needs to focus on establishing healthy eating habits before they worry about bulking or cutting.

169574-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-5QHy-24ogr2k

Also, no.

“In the past 30 years, childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled among adolescents. The percent of adolescents aged 12-19 who were obese increased from 5% in 1980 to nearly 21% in 2012.”

http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/diseases/obesity.html

Is 21% bad? Yes. Is it 70%? Jesus christ dude do you live in a west virginia trailer park or something? Are 3 out of every 4 teenagers you meet obese?

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Are we talking Over weight or Over Fat ?

I’d dare say that no person should be obese.

To me a “cut” is done after you built muscle. If you are fat, you are not cutting.

Well that’s the ancient art of sumo wrestling done for.

You just made me realize that humans have found a way to be functionally obese. :neutral_face: