I imagine you haven’t read a lot of diet plans, because normally they wouldn’t contain the word “unlimited” unless it was in regards to (perhaps) veggies, and yet that article contains this,
What to eat
- Unlimited natural, unprocessed meat (chicken, turkey, red meat, wild game)
- Unlimited animal skin
- Unlimited natural fat
- Fish (not from a can) twice per week minimum
- Veggies with every meal, no exceptions
- Unlimited fruit
- Unlimited potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, and oatmeal
- If you follow the above rules, one meal per week eat whatever you want, as much as you want.
and you seem to be stuck in there being two modalities to this, either cutting or bulking.
I’d say, don’t attempt to manipulate your weight in either direction. Eat good quality food until satisfied or full, train hard, do that for 36 months and see if you don’t look remarkably different and better and aren’t a hell of a lot stronger too.
Some days, you’ll eat too much, other days you’ll eat a little too little and your body will take the calories from the fat stores that you have. If you actually adhere to the rules in that article and not eat like a orc having their final meal at each sitting you’ll have a lot of the latter days.
Neither. Don’t cut or bulk.