Customer Not Always Right!

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
leave me the fuck alone jumanji!
[/quote]

It’s now 5 minutes after reading this, just stopped laughing…[/quote]

I spent hours reading that guy’s trolling. Laughed the entire time.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Actually, sushi is rice. It can have cooked or uncooked meat in it.

And good sashimi is not cooked or frozen.[/quote]

(Note: our customer support number is close to a local driving school?s number.)

Me: ?Thank you for calling. How may I help you??

Customer: ?How much for my daughter??

Me: ?Um??

Customer: ?She?s 16. It?s her first time. She needs training.?

Me: ?Sir, I think you want the driving school.?

Customer: ?Oh, what do you guys do??

Me: ?Adult websites.?

Customer: ?Oh?OH! Oh my God!?

This kind of happened to me. I was working at a hotel and gave out what I thought was our company headquarters number…turned out to be a sex line…

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Those of you who daily deal with the public one-on-one will appreciate these gems.
Here’s an example:

[i](I work in healthcare and am talking to a man in his fifties who is having angina for the first time.)

Me: “You haven’t had a heart attack, but this pain is probably coming from your heart.”

Man: “But I’m only 50-something and there are no heart problems in my family. Why would that be?”

Me: “You smoke 30 a day and drink 2 cartons beer a week. That’s not good for your heart. You should think about cutting down.”

Man: “I’m sick of you people telling me that bulls***! It’s a scientifically proven fact that smoking makes your arteries smaller, and drinking makes them bigger! If I keep drinking AND smoking, I’ll be fine!”

Me: “That’s not at all how it works, but I see I’m not going to change your mind. You’ll be going upstairs soon.”

Man: “I want to go out for a smoke!”

Me: “That’s really not a good idea…”

Man: “What would you know?!”

Me: gives up[/i]

[/quote]

You have no idea how many conversations I have had with people just like that above in the 14 years I worked in an ER. [/quote]

I am sure DjHT can tell you many stories about dumb fucks who leave the hospital while having a heart attack because they want to go outside to smoke and/or have a cheeseburger.

that is right, you did not misread, and I am not exaggerating, dumb fucking fat POS’s will actually check themselves out (leave AMA against medical advice) while in the process of having an acute myocardial infarction because the staff will not let them continue to smoke cigs and stuff their faces with McDonald’s and KFC.

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

I am sure DjHT can tell you many stories about dumb fucks who leave the hospital while having a heart attack because they want to go outside to smoke and/or have a cheeseburger.

that is right, you did not misread, and I am not exaggerating, dumb fucking fat POS’s will actually check themselves out (leave AMA against medical advice) while in the process of having an acute myocardial infarction because the staff will not let them continue to smoke cigs and stuff their faces with McDonald’s and KFC.
[/quote]

I can’t get my head around that, HT. It must be some kind of disconnect with these people. I can understand all types of emotional issues, addiction, depression, etc, but this, (and hoarding) are so alien to me I just can’t understand it. It MUST be a mental disorder.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]heavythrower wrote:

[/quote]

I can’t get my head around that, HT. It must be some kind of disconnect with these people. I can understand all types of emotional issues, addiction, depression, etc, but this, (and hoarding) are so alien to me I just can’t understand it. It MUST be a mental disorder.
[/quote]

After the first couple times it happens ID you stop being surprised, I can understand people who have small cell carcinoma of the lungs still smoking. They are walking dead men and the damage is done. Heavy and I could make your hair grey with the shit we have seen over the years. ER nurses are some of the most cynical and harden people on the face of the earth, cause we have seen all walks of life at there worst. Unfortunately a lot of people in the world are really not good of heart or spirit.

so true DJHT.

fuck, what you realize real quick, is there are two worlds out there. the one we(decent normal people) and another world, where a WHOLE DIFFERENT set of rules, values, norms, accepted behavior, etc. is evident.

working in the ER, you learn that fast.

“stupid should be painful”

“sarcasm is another free service we offer”

“we should start a community self help class once a year, title: Suicide, getting it RIGHT the FIRST time”

“this town needs to be crop dusted with ativan”

“N.T.D” (refers to patients we think “needs to die”

the above are frequent saying we have in the ED. I can go on…

^ We would scare a lot of guys in here and they would really think we have no soul.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ We would scare a lot of guys in here and they would really think we have no soul.[/quote]

A word to the wise:
Never, ever leave flashlights, shampoo bottles, beer bottles or any long, circular object on the floor because someday you will fall on it and it will somehow, always work its way up your rectum.

And other important life lessons learned by student doctors and nurses from their emergency room rotations.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ We would scare a lot of guys in here and they would really think we have no soul.[/quote]

A word to the wise:
Never, ever leave flashlights, shampoo bottles, beer bottles or any long, circular object on the floor because someday you will fall on it and it will somehow, always work its way up your rectum.

And other important life lessons learned by student doctors and nurses from their emergency room rotations.
[/quote]

QFT