T Nation

Current Test Levels

Hey guys,

I’m not actually taking anything but I recently got some blood work done and thought this would be a good place to ask about it. My test levels got read as 399ng/dl which from the small amount of reading I’ve done is pretty low, especially considering I’m only in college so it’s not like I’m getting too old or something.

Is this something I should be concerned about? It seems like some people who give HRT even give it out for levels below 400ng/dl.

Thanks a lot

if that is a pic of you, it looks like you don’t need any T, regardless of what the numbers say. Treat the symptoms, not the numbers.

[quote]dsdjd wrote:
if that is a pic of you, it looks like you don’t need any T, regardless of what the numbers say. Treat the symptoms, not the numbers.[/quote]

lol

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]dsdjd wrote:
if that is a pic of you, it looks like you don’t need any T, regardless of what the numbers say. Treat the symptoms, not the numbers.[/quote]

lol [/quote]

x2

To the OP, i had mine tested about a month ago and mine was 302. Doc said it wasn’t low enough to do anything about. It just depends on the doc, i guess. I’m 27, so prob a little older than you, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Both of you should probably get another test done. A comprehensive hormone panel. Then go to another doc for a second opinion or ask for a referral to an endocrinologist.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Both of you should probably get another test done. A comprehensive hormone panel. Then go to another doc for a second opinion or ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. [/quote]

My doc is an amateur bodybuilder and owns a gym near where I go to school. I just assumed he would know more about it than some doc who never lifted a weight. Then again, he might have thought that i was just trying to score roids, lol. I’m not a huge guy, but I am bigger than most around here. I never came out and asked for TRT, just to get my hormones tested because of some of the symptoms.

I’ve come to trust the judgment of a handful of guys on this forum, BONEZ being one of them so I will try and find another doc and see what happens.

[quote]Papa_of_4 wrote:

To the OP, i had mine tested about a month ago and mine was 302. Doc said it wasn’t low enough to do anything about. It just depends on the doc, i guess. I’m 27, so prob a little older than you, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much.[/quote]

Have you noticed any lack of results? I guess that’s vague since there are so many factors and it’s not like your test levels suddenly changed from high to low, but have you been able to progress pretty well in the past? This is the steroids forum so I’m guessing you’re taking something though which wouldn’t apply to me.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Both of you should probably get another test done. A comprehensive hormone panel. Then go to another doc for a second opinion or ask for a referral to an endocrinologist. [/quote]

Is that a lot of money? I really don’t have much if any money to be spending right now. Just got the test levels checked since the woman taking the blood said it would be covered by insurance so I figured why not

Thanks again

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[quote]Papa_of_4 wrote:

To the OP, i had mine tested about a month ago and mine was 302. Doc said it wasn’t low enough to do anything about. It just depends on the doc, i guess. I’m 27, so prob a little older than you, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much.[/quote]

Have you noticed any lack of results? I guess that’s vague since there are so many factors and it’s not like your test levels suddenly changed from high to low, but have you been able to progress pretty well in the past? This is the steroids forum so I’m guessing you’re taking something though which wouldn’t apply to me.

I stalled out recently, about two months ago. I’ve had very little progress since then. No change in diet or training so I added more protein and changed my workouts a little and have made some progress in the last couple of weeks, but it has been minimal. I have never taken AAS. But I don’t think that my test dropped all of a sudden either. I’m an AAS noob just like you.