Current Micro-PA Recommendation?

CT, I’ve purchased 4 bottles of Micro-PA recently. So naturally, I’m very interested in maximizing my gains with this product.

Is your current prescription for maximizing mTOR still starting each performance workout with 2x6 very slow eccentric reps (about 6 seconds each) at about 60%? Or would be utilizing 3 total supramaximal negative reps in a workout be a better option?

I’m currently using 5/3/1 for my main strength work, so integrating either wouldn’t be that difficult.

Thanks

• Colby

[quote]Colbstar wrote:
CT, I’ve purchased 4 bottles of Micro-PA recently. So naturally, I’m very interested in maximizing my gains with this product.

Is your current prescription for maximizing mTOR still starting each performance workout with 2x6 very slow eccentric reps (about 6 seconds each) at about 60%? Or would be utilizing 3 total supramaximal negative reps in a workout be a better option?

I’m currently using 5/3/1 for my main strength work, so integrating either wouldn’t be that difficult.

Thanks

• Colby[/quote]

I would start with 2 sets of slow eccentrics and end the workout with 2-3 supramax sets of 1 rep.

Thanks CT! Do you still recommend a 6 second eccentric for the slow sets?

[quote]Colbstar wrote:
Thanks CT! Do you still recommend a 6 second eccentric for the slow sets?[/quote]

Yeah, that’s the general guideline I gave. But really it’s about going very slow while keeping the muscle tensed, the actual time in second doesn’t matter than much.