Current Dexter Jackson

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Cron391 wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
the problem with dexter is he is too short, it most likely will be down too kai and heath, give vic another year

Why is that? I though being shorter was somewhat advantageous because less muscle make you look much bigger. I mean someone who is 5’7 at 220 will look much better than 6’0 230.

Not when they are standing next to one another.

the 5’7 guy would be still be much bigger. Theoretically speaking the 6’0 would need to be 270 if we follow the 10 lbs per inch rule.

i still don’t know how silvio beat freeman, anytime you have a muscular tall guy next to a muscular short guy, the tall guy should win easily…it’s more impressive…sadly the judges atm must be kinda short otherwise tony should have got 2nd at the australian pro

It isn’t more impressive unless the taller guy looks MORE filled out than the shorter guy. Freeman looked fucking amazing the week before, but for some reason he didn’t look as filled out on stage. Silvio did. That is how he lost.

I really believe Freeman would have to break 300lbs at that height to beat them all…but then he might have to let his waist go a little.[/quote]

I thought Freeman competed at/around 300. Any idea what his usual stage weight is?

[quote]martyh wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:
Cron391 wrote:
jtg987 wrote:
the problem with dexter is he is too short, it most likely will be down too kai and heath, give vic another year

Why is that? I though being shorter was somewhat advantageous because less muscle make you look much bigger. I mean someone who is 5’7 at 220 will look much better than 6’0 230.

Not when they are standing next to one another.

the 5’7 guy would be still be much bigger. Theoretically speaking the 6’0 would need to be 270 if we follow the 10 lbs per inch rule.

i still don’t know how silvio beat freeman, anytime you have a muscular tall guy next to a muscular short guy, the tall guy should win easily…it’s more impressive…sadly the judges atm must be kinda short otherwise tony should have got 2nd at the australian pro

It isn’t more impressive unless the taller guy looks MORE filled out than the shorter guy. Freeman looked fucking amazing the week before, but for some reason he didn’t look as filled out on stage. Silvio did. That is how he lost.

I really believe Freeman would have to break 300lbs at that height to beat them all…but then he might have to let his waist go a little.

I thought Freeman competed at/around 300. Any idea what his usual stage weight is?[/quote]

Below 280lbs.

I know his waist is a huge issue for him as he is known to regularly do “colonics” and enemas because he believes it keeps his waist tighter. You really can’t argue with what works for him…but he’s a tall guy and taller guys usually need a shit ton more mass than others to match the filled out look of someone shorter.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Below 280lbs.

I know his waist is a huge issue for him as he is known to regularly do “colonics” and enemas because he believes it keeps his waist tighter. You really can’t argue with what works for him…but he’s a tall guy and taller guys usually need a shit ton more mass than others to match the filled out look of someone shorter.[/quote]

^^True that! I like Toney, but there’s a fine line between adding the right amount of mass in the right spots to spilling over and ruining his shape. It’s a tough call IMO.

the other issue with toney that people may seem to forget is his age, isnt he like 42? wouldn’t adding mass at his age be a bit of a crap shoot in regards too his over all health?

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
the other issue with toney that people may seem to forget is his age, isnt he like 42? wouldn’t adding mass at his age be a bit of a crap shoot in regards too his over all health?[/quote]

I view it as hes in his 40’s and been at this for a very long time already. How much mass can we realistically expect him to keep adding? Crazy thing is, hes been getting better over the past year or two. You would expect someone his age to be past his “prime” but he seems to be getting better. I just don’t know how much longer he’ll be able to improve. I wish him all the best and hope he continues to improve, but I think hes against time and genetics (his height). I don’t see him ever winning the Olympia and probably not the Arnold Classic.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
Vert1go wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
Is Cutler dead or something?

He is to me.

Lol…

Yea, I don’t think Jay has any possibility of taking back the O - I mean, you never know, but I just don’t see it with guys like Heath around…[/quote]

I agree. Its just funny how he isn’t even mentioned since he did place 2nd last year. Hell, he might not even place in the top 5, but isn’t the O the only comp he is competing in this year?