Current Dennis James Progress

Anyone catch the “that guy” in the second to last pic? I got a chuckle…

I could completely understand if you were too lost in DJ’s biceps to notice, lol.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
dre wrote:
Damn, it looks like his skin is about to tear in that pic of him on the preacher curl. Unreal.

On a side note, it’s nice to see a bodybuilder wearing actual sneakers and not hiking boots with ginormous socks! haha

Jay Cutler rocks Jordan’s in almost all of his workout vids, that’s one of the reasons why I like him so much lol.[/quote]

Phil Heath has a whole Jordan Collection!

Toney Freeman rocks jordan wrestling shoes…

the hiking boot thing is just tradition and notes ‘hardcore’ lol but I too am happy to see bodybuilders more in tune with whats in style. No more parachute pants, etc. lol

DJ what do they say about him? ‘mr o in a tshirt’ lol The doods arms/shoulders and upper half is massive. I think he took a step in the right direction last year by shrinking down and getting his waist under control.

I went from not being a big fan of his to admiring his physique from last year. Europa was his breakout show right?

Another big contender this year who can throw a wrench in the works lol

DG

Prof X, i’ve got to admit, you’ve got me checking out this “new” crop of bodybuilders now. I became disinterested back in the early 90’s or so. Was a huge fan of Flex, Cormier, even Dillet. It wasn’t until you’ve started the Brandon Curry thread that I realized I might want to pay attention, again. As if the baton has been passed, so to speak. And jesus, Curry’s “Olivia” pose made quite an impression. Thanks.

Always been a fan of James’ condition 3-6 weeks out from a show. Just massive and full. Unfortunately never looked as good at the show itself, in the past.

Hope he continues to improve.

He tightened it up nicely. For a while he looked ready for thanksgiving dinner. Aw, the mass monster era. Jay Cutler is the last of a vanishing breed.

[quote]Affliction wrote:
Anyone catch the “that guy” in the second to last pic? I got a chuckle…

I could completely understand if you were too lost in DJ’s biceps to notice, lol.[/quote]

That’s always been my goal. It would be cool to be at the point where “that guy” has always got that “what the fuck” look on his face.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
He tightened it up nicely. For a while he looked ready for thanksgiving dinner. Aw, the mass monster era. Jay Cutler is the last of a vanishing breed. [/quote]

Even at his most bloated he looked amazing. He has really tightened up his midsection and overall look. However, he had really made “super freak” his own before that. He just had trouble getting into condition for the actual show.

His best photos have always been a week or so before the contest. It just makes me wish they didn’t require such ridiculously low body fat levels for these contests.

[quote]JCS19Y wrote:
Kinda looks like a lighter skinned version of the OP at quick glance. . .[/quote]

Ladies and Gentlemen, boy and girls, presenting Professor X as “DENNIS… JAMES!!!” Wooooahhhhh!!!

Looking good, you know your a pro when you color match your outfit to the gym you workout at.

[quote]JCS19Y wrote:
Kinda looks like a lighter skinned version of the OP at quick glance. . .[/quote]

These kinds of posts are so retarded

“La Buff” enough?

This is one of my favorite contemporary bodybuilders, although I think he always looks better and capable of doing more damage on the 5 to 3 weeks of pics. The guy’s face on the second to last pic is awesome. And X, I think you should be a better observer, I’m sure you’ve turned many looks before. Keep 'em coming X!

Really nice, sick mass!

I would kill someone in the face to have shoulders like he does. Seriously, in the face…

Is it just me, or are bodybuilders looking better than ever? Through the various phases over the decades, I think we’ve reached a zenith. Today’s guys just look so damn good with mass and symmetry fully in balance.

I admit my own disillusionment with bodybuilding through parts of the 90s and early 2000s. But now I’m damn near obsessed again, thanks to the new criteria and condition these guys get into.