Current Cutler Progress

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I couldn’t find any more recent than this. I am not sure how far out this is.[/quote]

Huge…

I’ll always need an asterisk next to Coleman’s loss in my book as he was obviously physically hampered by an injury. Although he later seemed oblivious to it, Cutler looked less than thrilled when he was initially announced the winner because it’s not the way he wanted to win.

S

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
SkyNett wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Mark my words… Phil Heath will win the Olympia. Victor will finish 2nd and Dexter 3rd.

That sounds more than plausible - I’m marking your words right now coach - we shall see come September.

Heath does look amazing. Victor has a really nice physique, but he can look a bit thick in the mid-section at times…

Are we entering an era of one term Mr. O’s at this point?

I think that the fact that Ronnie Coleman was dethroned opened the door to the era of a ‘‘beatable’’ Mr.O, which now makes the contest more open and fair as the champion will not have an excessive advantage over the others.[/quote]

Then again, if no one will be able to hold the title for more than 1-2 years at a time due to the fierce competition between half a dozen or more guys, then people may really lose interest.
Many past Mr. O’s were very charismatic guys, beacons of the sport so to speak… Arnold, Haney, Yates, Ronnie…

All of them held the title for a long time. The guys who did not hold it for long are, by comparison at least, rarely mentioned today and nowhere near as popular…

The supp companies can profit more from some constant face at the top than “from dime-in-a-dozen” (you know what I mean) guys who appear and disappear within a year or two. That’d really weaken the meaning of the title…
Fans want a champion who can hold that title for a while.

On the other hand, if there was a contest between, say, Victor and Heath or so (I’d be more interested in a contest between Kai and any one of the smaller/more aesthetic guys,

As there would be more of a difference in their physiques and you get that struggle between 2 “opposites”), both fighting for and taking the title from each other again and again, year after year until one finally retires…

That would likely make things more interesting, more… polarizing(?). Just my opinion.

Easy to make money off that, too, of course… And we all know that money plays a very large role in all this…

I’ve never been able to ever view the actual competitions, but you can’t help but respect the shape these guys are in. Natural or not, these guys are in tremendous shape and busting ass in the gym. Always fun to peek in once or twice a year, and see the contestants.

On the other hand, if there was a contest between, say, Victor and Heath or so (I’d be more interested in a contest between Kai and any one of the smaller/more aesthetic guys,

As there would be more of a difference in their physiques and you get that struggle between 2 “opposites”), both fighting for and taking the title from each other again and again, year after year until one finally retires…

That would likely make things more interesting, more… polarizing(?). Just my opinion.

Bodybuilding needs its Ryu vs Ken,its Goku vs Vegeta.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’ll always need an asterisk next to Coleman’s loss in my book as he was obviously physically hampered by an injury. Although he later seemed oblivious to it, Cutler looked less than thrilled when he was initially announced the winner because it’s not the way he wanted to win.

S
[/quote]

What injury? Are you referring to the atrophy in Ronnie’s left lat that threw off his proportions?

Or did I miss something?

Yes. From what I’ve read, he had some sort of nerve impingement that prevented the impulses from reaching his muscle, and so when he dieted down it became apparent that the muscle had atrophied. I don’t think any competitor wants to beat a field of opponents who are not at their best.

Sure, Big Ron’s a little up there age-wise, but if it weren’t for the injury, I would not have seen Cutler beating him when he did. (and I LIKE Cutler)

S

[quote]The Buzz wrote:
I’ve never been able to ever view the actual competitions, but you can’t help but respect the shape these guys are in. Natural or not, these guys are in tremendous shape and busting ass in the gym. Always fun to peek in once or twice a year, and see the contestants.[/quote]

So true. There are so many people who work out that are " assisted " and yet have physiques that don’t even come close in comparison with the pros. Point? There is still that preception that if one juices, they can look like a pro builder. Of course, we all know that nothing could be further than truth.

I wish more people ( your average couch potato ) could understand this. These guys really do bust there asses year round.

yeah Ronnie says it was an impinged nerve and not a tear in his lat, i agree w/ Dorian’s viewpoint that Ronnie shouldn’t come back, it’s like watching MJ play for the Bullets in his 45 jersey.

but if he’s got the fire, it’s his life and he is Ronnie Coleman.

Agree about the heath assessment, he’ll likely win, w/ Vic or Dexter hitting 2/3.

*Flex and Kevin prime would win an olympia this year, the doors have been forever opened.

If the big German dude stays high carb and trains w/ Warren a bit he could win.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Mark my words… Phil Heath will win the Olympia. Victor will finish 2nd and Dexter 3rd.[/quote]

I think that it will go Victor 1st, dexter 2nd, and freeman 3rd. I think Heath will be fourth at best. But I am probly way off.

[quote]ndy84 wrote:
Mark my words… Phil Heath will win the Olympia. Victor will finish 2nd and Dexter 3rd.

I think that it will go Victor 1st, dexter 2nd, and freeman 3rd. I think Heath will be fourth at best. But I am probly way off.[/quote]

if heath keeps going the way he is going he will never place lower than top 3 ever again.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
ndy84 wrote:

I think that it will go Victor 1st, dexter 2nd, and freeman 3rd. I think Heath will be fourth at best. But I am probly way off.

if heath keeps going the way he is going he will never place lower than top 3 ever again.[/quote]

I think that when the time comes (not so far) Heath can be the one who gives Mr. Olympia contestants the dominance they had. I don’t see Heath as a Mr. Olympia this year, rather would be Victor if someone, we have to see them at the Arnold.

I have read just one post for Dennis Wolf, who could be likely in the top 3 of this year’s Olympia.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Then again, if no one will be able to hold the title for more than 1-2 years at a time due to the fierce competition between half a dozen or more guys, then people may really lose interest.[/quote]

I think it would be very interesting to see a “Magic vs. Bird” era in bodybuilding, as in 2 top bodybuilders winning and losing titles to each other.

Just a thought.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Then again, if no one will be able to hold the title for more than 1-2 years at a time due to the fierce competition between half a dozen or more guys, then people may really lose interest.

I think it would be very interesting to see a “Magic vs. Bird” era in bodybuilding, as in 2 top bodybuilders winning and losing titles to each other.

Just a thought.[/quote]

The problem with that, and they brought it up during the pre-judging cast at the Arnold, is that in this sport the top BBers really are only on the same stage once a year. That’s why people are so excited about this Arnold because so many top pros are at it, but even then we’re still missing Dexter, Jay, Wolf, Heath, etc.

The sport just doesn’t lend itself well to having something like that because less really is more when it comes to how many times you have to peak a year.

Its going to be a good one this year. You’ve got Dexter with a full-year off, Martinez after a second place at the Arnold, Wolf, and Heath. If Cutler pulls of an 01 again, he might be able to pull it off. I’ve got money on Heath and Martinez though.

Don’t know what it is about Cutler but he doesn’t look as good as the other bodybuilders to me. He’s stocky, has a huge torso and short legs.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
Don’t know what it is about Cutler but he doesn’t look as good as the other bodybuilders to me. He’s stocky, has a huge torso and short legs.[/quote]

He’s a walking refrigerator only you can’t store your shit in it. It’ll eat your five pounds of fish per day or whatever his diet was calling for…

Damn Cutler’s getting no love lol

I was just never a fan of Cutler.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
yeah Ronnie says it was an impinged nerve and not a tear in his lat, i agree w/ Dorian’s viewpoint that Ronnie shouldn’t come back, it’s like watching MJ play for the Bullets in his 45 jersey.

but if he’s got the fire, it’s his life and he is Ronnie Coleman.

[/quote]

In the latest issue of Flex, Ronnie said that if he can get his left side back to where it needs to be (in comparison to his right side) he’d consider competing. According to the article the nerve damage is all fixed up and he’s just working on bringing his left side back up (among other things, Im sure). In the article he definitely didn’t sound as if he was done. There was also talk of him doing the Europa or something. Apparently he has achieved some sort of cult status over there.