Curls Gone Wild

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

[quote]daddyzombie wrote:
That’s a wicked workout Mr. Albino! I love it! What’s your weight these days? [/quote]

Pushed it up to 200 for one day but have dropped back down to 180-185.[/quote]

With all this work, you must be eating a ton just to maintain.

[quote]kimbakimba wrote:

[quote]daddyzombie wrote:
That’s a wicked workout Mr. Albino! I love it! What’s your weight these days? [/quote]

Pushed it up to 200 for one day but have dropped back down to 180-185.[/quote]

With all this work, you must be eating a ton just to maintain.[/quote]

Actually, I’m not having to eat that much more. I’m currently working within already established capacity. The rate of progression is pretty gentle with the weight increases on total volume being only about 2% per week (750 lbs/week - less if I do 2.5lb jumps). I do have to eat a little more but not all that much. However, after a few 6-week cycles my calorie intake will have go up a fair bit more if I want linear progression to continue.

2010-9-8

BP
barx20
135x8
185x5
230 1x5 sets (3 count pause)

Squats
135x8
225x5
275x3
330 1x5 (5 count pause)

Deadlifts
315x5
410 1x5 sets

Clean and Press
135x5
165 1x5 sets

Cheat Rows
250 2x3 sets

Pullups
BW+65 3x3 sets

Bench feels slow right off the chest and then it blows right up. Strange. C&P’s felt easier than Monday. Squats are super easy right now. The lighter weights on squats are actually harder than the heavy sets.

You are really hitting a stride right now Tony. Great program

Great work, Tony. Looking forward to seeing the results of this program.

Thanks folks.

My new bar and a pair of 35lb bumpers came today. The bar is lovely. Good knurling - not too smooth nor too sharp and it had decent spin on the sleeves. Best of all it has center knurling so I don’t have to worry about it sliding down my sweaty back on squats.

45’s,25’s and 15’s bumpers are on back order and won’t be here for another month, but I have enough weight to work with at home for the time being.

lucky bastard:)

sounds like your ready to roll.

Ahh. Your own Oly bar with just-right knurling. The stuff dreams are made of. How cool is that?

2010-9-9

BP
barx20
135x8
185x5
230 1x5 sets (3 count pause)

SQ
135x8
245x5
295x3
330 1x5 sets (3 count pause)

DL
315x5
410 1x5 sets

Clean and Press
135x5
165 1x5 sets (forearms appreciate being able to drop the weight)

Cheat Rows
250 1x5 sets

Pullups
skipped

Misc Arm bidness

Today was much harder than yesterday. Less than 18 hours between sessions is the reason I would guess. Every rep solid however. Skipped pullups because that’s 1200 lbs of recovery there. Looking forward to the weekend off.

don’t think I could do the every day thing, what percent of max did you start with on this program?

[quote]soldog wrote:
don’t think I could do the every day thing, what percent of max did you start with on this program?[/quote]

80% of max. I’m considering dropping the sets to 3 in the last 3 weeks of a cycle.

[quote]soldog wrote:
don’t think I could do the every day thing, what percent of max did you start with on this program?[/quote]

80% of max. I’m considering dropping the sets to 3 in the last 3 weeks of a cycle.[/quote]

and a cycle is 6 weeks? do you boost by a percent of max or just a standard 5/10/20 lbs each week?

forgive me I know I could just go look it up myself…

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

80% of max. I’m considering dropping the sets to 3 in the last 3 weeks of a cycle.[/quote]

and a cycle is 6 weeks? do you boost by a percent of max or just a standard 5/10/20 lbs each week?

forgive me I know I could just go look it up myself…[/quote]

I’m going 5 lbs per week on lower body 2.5 lbs on upper. Test maxes on 7th week and reset. You couldn’t look it up, I’m making it up. It’s based on Justa’s principles but I’m setting the weights myself.

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

I’m going 5 lbs per week on lower body 2.5 lbs on upper. Test maxes on 7th week and reset. You couldn’t look it up, I’m making it up. It’s based on Justa’s principles but I’m setting the weights myself.
[/quote]

so (ballpark) 1-2% of max increase each week and after 6 weeks you are doing approx 90% of previous max for 3-5 singles.

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

[/quote]

so (ballpark) 1-2% of max increase each week and after 6 weeks you are doing approx 90% of previous max for 3-5 singles.[/quote]

Daily. That’s it. I don’t know if it’s going to work, but it’s fun to experiment.

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

[quote]soldog wrote:

[/quote]

so (ballpark) 1-2% of max increase each week and after 6 weeks you are doing approx 90% of previous max for 3-5 singles.[/quote]

Daily. That’s it. I don’t know if it’s going to work, but it’s fun to experiment.[/quote]

daily - whoa! no wonder you are dropping it to 3 sets for the last 3 weeks. somewhere in the 3-4 week range you’ll be past your previous max!

That’s going to seriously tax your nervous system. But I’m sure you know that. Sort of like Smolov, which is 4x week.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
That’s going to seriously tax your nervous system. But I’m sure you know that. Sort of like Smolov, which is 4x week.[/quote]

Yup. Same idea. :slight_smile: Over-working to induce supercompensation.

Tried some squat cleans tonight and discovered I don’t absorb ballistic forces too well at the bottom of the movement. 165 almost buried me.

End of thread. New log here:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/curls_gone_wilder

lotsa work as usual. how is everything non-lifting goin?