Curls for the Girls

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Most guys on the planet started to impress girls. You just have people on this forum who love to run around and tell everyone how “insecure” they are which is why it sounded negative before.

Most of the guys here don’t seem to live in the real world. They live in make believe land where women sit around with a pair of fat calipers and judge who they are going to date off of the reading…as they care nothing about women…because that’s insecure…or gay, one of the two.[/quote]

You’re pushing 40 years old. You’re too old to be lifting for girls anymore.

Seriously. [/quote]

? I didn’t say that is my sole purpose, but yes, I do lift for women as well to some degree. Why would my age have anything to do with that when I am not 40 and still have a few more years to go?

Just a tip…women seem to like guys who look like me at my age…because I have a JOB.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Most guys on the planet started to impress girls. You just have people on this forum who love to run around and tell everyone how “insecure” they are which is why it sounded negative before.

Most of the guys here don’t seem to live in the real world. They live in make believe land where women sit around with a pair of fat calipers and judge who they are going to date off of the reading…as they care nothing about women…because that’s insecure…or gay, one of the two.[/quote]

You’re pushing 40 years old. You’re too old to be lifting for girls anymore.

Seriously. [/quote]

? I didn’t say that is my sole purpose, but yes, I do lift for women as well to some degree. Why would my age have anything to do with that when I am not 40 and still have a few more years to go?

Just a tip…women seem to like guys who look like me at my age…because I have a JOB.[/quote]

Was that really a tip?

I was just busting your balls on your age, but I really do think you’re too old to be lifting for girls.

As a somewhat related story—i found myself at a club for the first time in months a few weeks ago—consequently i ran into a girl who i had once hooked up with about 3 years ago. I made a point to say hi to her because well, i would of went for her again. However, one of the first things she said to me was “What are you like a bodybuilder now?”. (i posted some prep pics/contest pics on facebook) .

She then went on to give me an FYI- stating that being a bodybuilder was one of the biggest turn offs for a girl. I have to admit i was slightly offended- this was the first negative feedback i had received from anyone in regards to doing a bbing show. However, interestingly enough as the night went on she kept making eye contact and being flirty with me? After her comments i was less than interested though haha

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Was that really a tip?

I was just busting your balls on your age, but I really do think you’re too old to be lifting for girls.[/quote]

LOL. I don’t lift weights for women. I lift weights because I like what it does to the way I look and feel…which also includes women.

Not sure what the problem is.

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:
As a somewhat related story—i found myself at a club for the first time in months a few weeks ago—consequently i ran into a girl who i had once hooked up with about 3 years ago. I made a point to say hi to her because well, i would of went for her again. However, one of the first things she said to me was “What are you like a bodybuilder now?”. (i posted some prep pics/contest pics on facebook) .

She then went on to give me an FYI- stating that being a bodybuilder was one of the biggest turn offs for a girl. I have to admit i was slightly offended- this was the first negative feedback i had received from anyone in regards to doing a bbing show. However, interestingly enough as the night went on she kept making eye contact and being flirty with me? After her comments i was less than interested though haha[/quote]

I believe this is known as a “shit test” look it up lol.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Was that really a tip?

I was just busting your balls on your age, but I really do think you’re too old to be lifting for girls.[/quote]

LOL. I don’t lift weights for women. I lift weights because I like what it does to the way I look and feel…which also includes women.

Not sure what the problem is.[/quote]

No problem with that.

But that’s different than lifting, trying to get bigger or whatever specifically to garner the attention of girls.

90% of the male who start lifting do so for 1 of these 3 reasons:

1. To impress girls
  2. To intimidate other guys (establishing dominance)
  3. To be better at sports (which in a sense goes back to 1 or 2 since a lot of guys play sports for those reasons).

Eventually the reason will evolve as you develop a passion for lifting itself.

[quote]stinger70 wrote:

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

She then went on to give me an FYI- stating that being a bodybuilder was one of the biggest turn offs for a girl. I have to admit i was slightly offended- this was the first negative feedback i had received from anyone in regards to doing a bbing show. However, interestingly enough as the night went on she kept making eye contact and being flirty with me? After her comments i was less than interested though haha[/quote]

I believe this is known as a “shit test” look it up lol. [/quote]

thanks i will!

i probably would of been more interested if i hadnt of already hooked up with her, lol

I am vain and superficial, of course I want every woman on the planet to be attracted to me even when i have zero interest in them and I am in a relationship. Why? Cause I am vain and superficial. That means i bust my ass in the gym to look good, i work my ass off to make money to dress well, drive a nice car, have a nice house, be financially secure etc. I do all of those things, gym included for the opposite sex to be attracted to me and the same sex to be jealous of me. That is my motivation. That means my priorities are messed up? No, not when it drives me results.

Wtf is wrong with some of you. If you are busy judging someone else for their source of motivation or how they use the gym to validate themselves, it is you who have messed up priorities. Worry about yourself.

Funny, people want to knock this ‘working out for the girl’ crap but will say anything postive about IFBB pros who do all kinds of homo erotic crap to pay the bills for a sport where the goal is to have other people think you look better than the person standing next to you.

What is even funnier to me is this ‘I workout to challenge myself’ bullshit. I challenge you not to take your shirt off in public or put up a shirtless avatar picture on the internet if you want a flipping challenge.

/rant

btw, this was not directed at anyone in particular, just a summary of stupid shit I have seen on this site for the past 9 years.

It’s a great way to start, and I still do it for the attention from girls.

It’s just that goals should eventually develop and get more complex the more time you spend under a bar as well, IMO.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
I am vain and superficial, of course I want every woman on the planet to be attracted to me even when i have zero interest in them and I am in a relationship. Why? Cause I am vain and superficial. That means i bust my ass in the gym to look good, i work my ass off to make money to dress well, drive a nice car, have a nice house, be financially secure etc. I do all of those things, gym included for the opposite sex to be attracted to me and the same sex to be jealous of me. That is my motivation. That means my priorities are messed up? No, not when it drives me results.

Wtf is wrong with some of you. If you are busy judging someone else for their source of motivation or how they use the gym to validate themselves, it is you who have messed up priorities. Worry about yourself.

Funny, people want to knock this ‘working out for the girl’ crap but will say anything postive about IFBB pros who do all kinds of homo erotic crap to pay the bills for a sport where the goal is to have other people think you look better than the person standing next to you.

What is even funnier to me is this ‘I workout to challenge myself’ bullshit. I challenge you not to take your shirt off in public or put up a shirtless avatar picture on the internet if you want a flipping challenge.

/rant

btw, this was not directed at anyone in particular, just a summary of stupid shit I have seen on this site for the past 9 years.

[/quote]

Strong post. I agree. People should lift for what ever reason that motivates them to do so and chill out with the mental gymnastics to protect their egos because they feel their reason is not justifiable. Lift to make yourself happy, even if that means you lift to look good to get the ladies

[quote]SSC wrote:
It’s a great way to start, and I still do it for the attention from girls.

It’s just that goals should eventually develop and get more complex the more time you spend under a bar as well, IMO.[/quote]

I think thats the beauty of starting to lift for girls: you wanna become efficient at build muscle to you start reading on exercise form, diet and so on and before you know it, you have yearly subscriptions to MD and Flex magazines and eating 5-8 meals a days! I think eventually people do develop more complex goals along they way

[quote]Hotguns57 wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

/rant

[/quote]

Strong post. I agree. People should lift for what ever reason that motivates them to do so and chill out with the mental gymnastics to protect their egos because they feel their reason is not justifiable. Lift to make yourself happy, even if that means you lift to look good to get the ladies[/quote]

Somehow your two sentences made my point much better than my entire ‘im all hopped up on mountain dew chip!’ rant did.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
90% of the male who start lifting do so for 1 of these 3 reasons:

1. To impress girls
  2. To intimidate other guys (establishing dominance)
  3. To be better at sports (which in a sense goes back to 1 or 2 since a lot of guys play sports for those reasons).

Eventually the reason will evolve as you develop a passion for lifting itself.[/quote]

I am the most ALPHA!

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I was inspired to start this forum after reading something recently on one of the forums about how misguided and absolutely meaningless it is to lift weights for girls.

Why?

I absolutely started lifting to get more female attention and it is and always will be a motivator for the time I spend in the gym. Does this invalidate the intensity I bring to the gym or the kitchen? Or the joy I gain from it? Or the fact that it’s always an ongoing challenge I want to conquer? At the end of it, yes, I do like if more girls notice me and find me attractive for it.

So how about the rest of you? How many are bold enough to admit they were first motivated to lift weights to get more female attention? [/quote]

I don’t think anyone should or would be ashamed to say that they were first motivated by wanting more female attention. In that respect, I think you’re beating up a straw man. I do have two thoughts though:

1. I don’t think that training for women’s attention isn’t a legitimate goal, but I do wonder whether it’s a long-term motivation. But at some point, most things that people tend to stick with in life they do for the pleasure of the thing itself. If you don’t inherently enjoy weightlifting/training for itself, then I think it will be much easier for that to fall by the wayside as you get older.

2. By and large, the intensity you’re bringing in the gym and in the kitchen probably has no bearing on female attention and may have a negative one. This has to do with the marginal benefits of serious training v. diligently ‘working out.’ I think that most women probably assess men with physical fitness being a ‘check the box’ sort of enterprise. In other words, gains on the margin in any respect are probably not appreciated, especially compared to the amount of effort those marginal gains take for the male. I don’t think women generally appreciate the difference between, say, 7 and 10% bodyfat when evaluating potential partners–instead, they have certain things they’re looking to check the box on, after which other factors are what determine the outcome. Is the person physically fit enough for me to be attracted? Then, other factors take over.

Jskrabac, you like I are in a graduate/professional program that is going to leave you making a six-figure salary in your 20s. Women almost certainly are drawn much more by that than anything you’re doing in the gym. Not because women are all about the money or whatnot; instead, it’s some combination of that and seeing that as you being ‘successful’ and having stature in the world. Having a six-pack is just a secondary benefit.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Hotguns57 wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

/rant

[/quote]

Strong post. I agree. People should lift for what ever reason that motivates them to do so and chill out with the mental gymnastics to protect their egos because they feel their reason is not justifiable. Lift to make yourself happy, even if that means you lift to look good to get the ladies[/quote]

Somehow your two sentences made my point much better than my entire ‘im all hopped up on mountain dew chip!’ rant did. [/quote]

Haha i liked your rant. It held a lot of truths in it

1,2 but nowadays it’s more of a passion really with a hint of 1,2. I really enjoy being strong(er) knowing that I can physically do something I couldnt a few years ago.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

Jskrabac, you like I are in a graduate/professional program that is going to leave you making a six-figure salary in your 20s. Women almost certainly are drawn much more by that than anything you’re doing in the gym. Not because women are all about the money or whatnot; instead, it’s some combination of that and seeing that as you being ‘successful’ and having stature in the world. Having a six-pack is just a secondary benefit.[/quote]

yeah it means they will be living/leeching off of you while sleeping with the jacked bro from the gym… trust me, this shit happens…

i used to be an avid loveshack reader, women really are this treacherous… and when kids are involved? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

Jskrabac, you like I are in a graduate/professional program that is going to leave you making a six-figure salary in your 20s. Women almost certainly are drawn much more by that than anything you’re doing in the gym. Not because women are all about the money or whatnot; instead, it’s some combination of that and seeing that as you being ‘successful’ and having stature in the world. Having a six-pack is just a secondary benefit.[/quote]

yeah it means they will be living/leeching off of you while sleeping with the jacked bro from the gym… trust me, this shit happens…

i used to be an avid loveshack reader, women really are this treacherous… and when kids are involved? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit[/quote]

Dude, you sound like you are turning into a buff version of Orion.

I’ll let you in on a little secret, there are alot of women out there with money and high pay gigs of their own, who are attractive. This isnt the 40s. Most of them wont even bat an eye at a dude who doenst make money. If you make money and end up with a ‘leech’ that is your poor judgement. Making fun of people for wanting to make lots of money is like making fun of people who wanna get swole. Haters gunna hate.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

i used to be an avid loveshack reader, women really are this treacherous… and when kids are involved? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit[/quote]

Dude, you sound like you are turning into a buff version of Orion.

I’ll let you in on a little secret, there are alot of women out there with money and high pay gigs of their own, who are attractive. This isnt the 40s. Most of them wont even bat an eye at a dude who doenst make money. If you make money and end up with a ‘leech’ that is your poor judgement. Making fun of people for wanting to make lots of money is like making fun of people who wanna get swole. Haters gunna hate. [/quote]

Dude, Walkway is like 22 years old and talks like he already knows a ton about the world. Do you think anything you tell him is going to resonate at all?