T Nation

Curls for the Girls

I was inspired to start this forum after reading something recently on one of the forums about how misguided and absolutely meaningless it is to lift weights for girls.

Why?

I absolutely started lifting to get more female attention and it is and always will be a motivator for the time I spend in the gym. Does this invalidate the intensity I bring to the gym or the kitchen? Or the joy I gain from it? Or the fact that it’s always an ongoing challenge I want to conquer? At the end of it, yes, I do like if more girls notice me and find me attractive for it.

So how about the rest of you? How many are bold enough to admit they were first motivated to lift weights to get more female attention?

i will admit it’s why i began when i was 16 yes…

however now, i couldnt give less of a shit what girls want me to look like. they all think im “too big” and “intimidating” which is the gayest thing ive ever fucking heard…

i want to look like a mentzer/zane/ray hybrid, and fuck all if im gunna give up that vision to be “appealing” to some drunk blown out whore.

besides, girls would rather be with a penniless asshole who uses and abuses them… (just going on observation of the female breed over the years).

females at my age are nothing but a drain on finances/time/effort. and besides… the media tells them what to find attractive lol

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
i will admit it’s why i began when i was 16 yes…

however now, i couldnt give less of a shit what girls want me to look like. they all think im “too big” and “intimidating” which is the gayest thing ive ever fucking heard…

i want to look like a mentzer/zane/ray hybrid, and fuck all if im gunna give up that vision to be “appealing” to some drunk blown out whore.

besides, girls would rather be with a penniless asshole who uses and abuses them… (just going on observation of the female breed over the years).

females at my age are nothing but a drain on finances/time/effort. and besides… the media tells them what to find attractive lol[/quote]

Are you still thinking about fitness modeling or are you going BBing these days? How are the gainz coming?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
i will admit it’s why i began when i was 16 yes…

however now, i couldnt give less of a shit what girls want me to look like. they all think im “too big” and “intimidating” which is the gayest thing ive ever fucking heard…

i want to look like a mentzer/zane/ray hybrid, and fuck all if im gunna give up that vision to be “appealing” to some drunk blown out whore.

besides, girls would rather be with a penniless asshole who uses and abuses them… (just going on observation of the female breed over the years).

females at my age are nothing but a drain on finances/time/effort. and besides… the media tells them what to find attractive lol[/quote]

Are you still thinking about fitness modeling or are you going BBing these days? How are the gainz coming?[/quote]

fitness modeling yes, gains are coming disturbingly quickly, already back up over 200lbs and only 10 days into a cycle

im focusing a lot on increasing my work capacity (just started squatting 2x a week), and bringing up lagging bodyparts

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I was inspired to start this forum after reading something recently on one of the forums about how misguided and absolutely meaningless it is to lift weights for girls.

Why?

I absolutely started lifting to get more female attention and it is and always will be a motivator for the time I spend in the gym. Does this invalidate the intensity I bring to the gym or the kitchen? Or the joy I gain from it? Or the fact that it’s always an ongoing challenge I want to conquer? At the end of it, yes, I do like if more girls notice me and find me attractive for it.

So how about the rest of you? How many are bold enough to admit they were first motivated to lift weights to get more female attention? [/quote]

I admit it. I got into it for the girls. Started lifting in HS at about 16 cause i wanted to change my image, i was a super scrawny kid and got no attention from the ladies. Always wanted to be the heart throb in school. Im 22 now and i got many nicknames on campus, the girls called me “the body” from when i played tackle football on Saturdays with no shirt on lol. The guys called me “Mo bitches” cause apparently i had more girls than them but that wasn’t true, just got more attention than any of them.

But over the years since i first started lifting, I got crazily into it and started researching exercise form, diet, etc. Now i do it just for the love of lifting and if i continue to get attention from the girls (which i still do) thats just the icing on the cake =]

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
So how about the rest of you? How many are bold enough to admit they were first motivated to lift weights to get more female attention?[/quote]

I must say that wasn’t my motivation when I started. I actually started because I enjoyed doing it. Might have something to do with the fact that I was a serious athlete with a nice 8-pack when I started. The latter is all the “muscles” girls/woman typically want.

Anyway, I don’t think that one motivation is necessarily “nobler” than another. Lift for girls, lift for man, lift for anger management, lift for fun, lift for medals, etc. Whatever rocks your boat.

I dressed up as a soldier this saturday (we have something like halloween this time of the year here), only that I wore no shirt, only a military jacket, which was not buttoned. Damn, the chicks went like crazy. It was the first time someone bought me drinks and it felt damn good, tbh. SO, anyone who says that lifting did not get him chicks, is lying.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
I was inspired to start this forum after reading something recently on one of the forums about how misguided and absolutely meaningless it is to lift weights for girls.

Why?

I absolutely started lifting to get more female attention and it is and always will be a motivator for the time I spend in the gym. Does this invalidate the intensity I bring to the gym or the kitchen? Or the joy I gain from it? Or the fact that it’s always an ongoing challenge I want to conquer? At the end of it, yes, I do like if more girls notice me and find me attractive for it.

So how about the rest of you? How many are bold enough to admit they were first motivated to lift weights to get more female attention? [/quote]

That was my main motivation. Still is.

I’d think that probably the majority of us, myself included, started lifting to get female attention, but once you’ve been at it for a few years it becomes about impressing yourself, not others. I do just fine with girls, and I doubt another inch on my arm would really make a difference.

Besides, I’m getting married soon anyway. After that I can let myself go and enjoy being all fat and slovenly.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
I dressed up as a soldier this saturday (we have something like halloween this time of the year here), only that I wore no shirt, only a military jacket, which was not buttoned. Damn, the chicks went like crazy. It was the first time someone bought me drinks and it felt damn good, tbh. SO, anyone who says that lifting did not get him chicks, is lying.[/quote]
Lol nice. I had a 6 pack in college before I became a powerlifter and gained some “functional fat”. I’m not sure why girls give such a shit about abs, but it opened a lot of doors (sometimes literally). Abs, biceps, and butts. Those seem to be the three things girls go gaga over. I never lifted for looks though, I just kinda got lucky back then.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
fitness modeling yes, gains are coming disturbingly quickly, already back up over 200lbs and only 10 days into a cycle[/quote]
Brief derail:
What kinda size are you looking for with that? Is 200 about as big as you want to get for the modelling gig?

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
fitness modeling yes, gains are coming disturbingly quickly, already back up over 200lbs and only 10 days into a cycle[/quote]
Brief derail:
What kinda size are you looking for with that? Is 200 about as big as you want to get for the modelling gig?[/quote]

ultimate goal is to eventually be 215-220 at a true 5-6%

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
I’d think that probably the majority of us, myself included, started lifting to get female attention, but once you’ve been at it for a few years it becomes about impressing yourself, not others. I do just fine with girls, and I doubt another inch on my arm would really make a difference.

Besides, I’m getting married soon anyway. After that I can let myself go and enjoy being all fat and slovenly.[/quote]

x2 - I’m pretty sure the OP’s thread is based off of comments I made in another thread.

I started lifting for girls, but if you’re still lifting for girls after 25 or so, I’m willing to bet you’re priorities are all fucked up.

My priorities are fucked up.

Impressing the ladies is STILL #1 on my list. At the beach, in my costume for carnival, at summer BBQ outings, etc

overall health, a “competitive” replacement for martial arts training, and a “function” replacement to an addiction to competitive fighting games (SF4, MK9, etc) are also in the top 5 though.

Most guys on the planet started to impress girls. You just have people on this forum who love to run around and tell everyone how “insecure” they are which is why it sounded negative before.

Most of the guys here don’t seem to live in the real world. They live in make believe land where women sit around with a pair of fat calipers and judge who they are going to date off of the reading…as they care nothing about women…because that’s insecure…or gay, one of the two.

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
i will admit it’s why i began when i was 16 yes…

however now, i couldnt give less of a shit what girls want me to look like. they all think im “too big” and “intimidating” which is the gayest thing ive ever fucking heard…

i want to look like a mentzer/zane/ray hybrid, and fuck all if im gunna give up that vision to be “appealing” to some drunk blown out whore.

besides, girls would rather be with a penniless asshole who uses and abuses them… (just going on observation of the female breed over the years).

females at my age are nothing but a drain on finances/time/effort. and besides… the media tells them what to find attractive lol[/quote]

lol epic post

[quote]Professor X wrote:
They live in make believe land where women sit around with a pair of fat calipers and judge who they are going to date off of the reading.[/quote]

LOL

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Most guys on the planet started to impress girls. You just have people on this forum who love to run around and tell everyone how “insecure” they are which is why it sounded negative before.

Most of the guys here don’t seem to live in the real world. They live in make believe land where women sit around with a pair of fat calipers and judge who they are going to date off of the reading…as they care nothing about women…because that’s insecure…or gay, one of the two.[/quote]

I agree with X here and many other posters. Most of us starting lifting for the chicks, but if you’re in this game for the long haul, it’s astonishing in retrospect how little time you had to spend in the gym before you started getting their attention. This is obviously region specific as well.

On the coasts, more people are in great shape. In the Midwest where everyone is fat (and where I’m from), after 6 good months in the gym you’re already one of the fittest dudes in the bar.

Being in college and looking moderately in-shape has been highly beneficial.

But honestly, girls are dumb and at 190-195 on 6’2" frame, I’m already told I’m ‘too’ big. lol. But it’s obvious that females effect my training to a degree. I mean honestly, why else would I care about getting a bit to bloofy while gaining? lol

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Most guys on the planet started to impress girls. You just have people on this forum who love to run around and tell everyone how “insecure” they are which is why it sounded negative before.

Most of the guys here don’t seem to live in the real world. They live in make believe land where women sit around with a pair of fat calipers and judge who they are going to date off of the reading…as they care nothing about women…because that’s insecure…or gay, one of the two.[/quote]

You’re pushing 40 years old. You’re too old to be lifting for girls anymore.

Seriously.