Curling in the Squat Rack

Does anyone still have this video around? The guy is curling and gets beaten over with a 2x4. Anyway, if anyone can get me a copy of this video, let me know! Thanks.

Damn, I just watched it last week and then deleted it. Personally, I think it needs to be re-shot and done a little better. Why don’t we get BigPrlJamFan to set that up, seeing as how she’s the actress and all.

Or, I could tell you about yesterday. I watched a petite woman go over to the squat rack, sit down inside it, and read a magazine for 20 minutes. Yesterday wasn’t leg day for me, so all I did was steam up. Didn’t say anything. Her boyfriend was busy doing cable chest curls with 20 pounds so I didn’t want to make him mad. LOL.

I was doing max effort good mornings the other day and this guy walks into the rack while I’m in there and starts doing stretches. He then proceeded to tell his friends that my exercises were making him uncomfortable. I can’t wait to add those Burpees and Walk Around Figure 8’s. I need anger therapy.

CGB, was that at Signal Hill Golds? Is it just me or has that place been inundated by a bunch of pansies. Most people use the squat rach for shrugs (I’ve never done em in my life) or curls. I’m not hardcore by any means, but I have yet to see more than a couple of people do deadlifts. When I do mine, people look at me funny.

I’m taking this week off, but back with a vengeance next week. I can’t wait!

It’s amazing what people do with the rack! I was training my friend the other day in his apartment’s facilities (pretty decent considering) and this couple comes up to the rack right across the way, while we were doing decline press. They get in the rack and out of it a couple times seemingly going to do some squats. Then the girl steps out, picks up some dumbells and starts doing curls! Not even in the rack but making it impossible for someone to get into it! And why? Because it was directly in front of the mirror! People are so unaware sometimes! Then the next day (we are doing OVT) we get into the rack. A couple of pretty ripped athletic dudes start snickering at us. Then we move on to leg extensions for 5X5 and they look at us like we are crazy. I swear I heard one of them ask the other one why anyone would work their legs?!? This coming from two guys with little mass that did chest two days in a row! Stay little forever chicken legs! Oh, got to be careful don’t want to sound like Bigcrackman ;).

Hahaha - Signal Hill Gold’s…

I too got a nasty look last night when setting up behind the “racks” for deadlifts, apparently I was distracting the fellow in the rack from his blistering 25lb plate curls…

“Serious about your fitness” (or whatever their slogan is)…

Where they have 10 bars, but only 2 sets of collars (which I guess is better than no collars like the 1st 2 months they were open)…

Where a low level grunt expelled on a 400lb+ squat brings the a-hole lunkhead manager running to find out “Who is making all that noise, I’ll cancel your membership!”…

Where the staff are shocked when you ask if they have any scissors and athletic tape to cut off and wrap over your bleeding ripped off callus lost on a 500lb+ deadlift, because you’re not done and want to go back and try another set… mind you they were OK last time with my “Well if I bleed on it, I’ll clean it” answer…

And the “1/2” racks, the open A-frame type (as opposed to a cage), with non adjustable safeties… luckily, I’m just off 'em at the bottom of a squat, others might smack 'em short of finishing, but then again, not too many squatters in that gym…

Oh, and it must be a rule that EVERYONE must wear a 10" leather belt cinched up at all times, especially for those dangerous exercises like side bends…

Oh well, I’ll stop laughing, at least it’s close and cheap. And the sugically enhanced beer tub girls on the elliptical trainers make for a decent view between sets.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I also want this vid. Please post a link if you have it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Z-Man, you got it. Signal Hill Gold’s. This meathead wouldn’t stop staring at me and making comments to his friends as I did GM’s and then Romanian deads. I couldn’t tell exactly what the problem was but I think it had something to do with me forcing my butt back as I did them. I made him uncomfortable, I heard him say.

I’ve gone about as far as I can there with what I want to accomplish. They need a platform and a bloody cage or at the very least a place where I can do some OLY lifts and not have people walking around me or in some cases standing right beside me talking to their friends with me jerking 200 pounds over my head. Ignorance aside, I’m so distracted by concerning myself with hurting someone else that I have a really tough time concentrating.

Lemme know when you’re in next week and we’ll see if we can meet up.

Hahaha - Signal Hill Gold’s…

I too got a nasty look last night when setting up behind the “racks” for deadlifts, apparently I was distracting the fellow in the rack from his blistering 25lb plate curls…

“Serious about your fitness” (or whatever their slogan is)…

Where they have 10 bars, but only 2 sets of collars (which I guess is better than no collars like the 1st 2 months they were open)…

Where a low level grunt expelled on a 400lb+ squat brings the a-hole lunkhead manager running to find out “Who is making all that noise, I’ll cancel your membership!”…

Where the staff are shocked when you ask if they have any scissors and athletic tape to cut off and wrap over your bleeing ripped off callus lost on a 500lb+ deadlift, because you’re not done and want to go back and try another set… mind you they were OK last time with my “Well if I bleed on it, I’ll clean it” answer…

And the “1/2” racks, the open A-frame type (as opposed to a cage), with non adjustable safeties… luckily, I’m just off 'em at the bottom of a squat, others might smack 'em short of finishing, but then again, not too many squatters in that gym…

Oh, and it must be a rule that EVERYONE must wear a 10" leather belt cinched up at all times, especially for those dangerous exercises like side bends…

Oh well, I’ll stop laughing, at least it’s close and cheap. And the sugically enhanced beer tub girls on the elliptical trainers make for a decent view between sets.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting! So, does anyone have the video?

Any luck finding this clip guys?