T Nation

Curling in the Squat Rack (Confession)

I’ve got a confession, you guys. This morning as I was working out, I Curled In The Squat Rack. I know, I know! But let me try and explain. You see today was my arm training day and because my gym is renovating, they don’t have any stand alone barbell racks because they’ve removed them.

To do my barbell curls, I was left with either using the Bench for a rest or the Squat Rack. There was nobody else in the gym at the time, but should I still feel like a complete douchebag? Am I being too neurotic? I’ve violated a sacred commandment of T-Etiquette, which is to NEVER curl in the squat rack.

You couldn’t have just picked the bar up from the ground? :stuck_out_tongue:

You should probably punch yourself in the man-berries just for good measure.

i think you should neck yourself, out of curiosity how much were you curling? if its 60kg or 130lbs + you get a pass at my gym for squat rack curling

I want to but a power cage for my garage so I can do curls in it.

Does that make me a bad person?

To the OP, you should kick yourself in the nuts. I suggest yoga to get the flexibility to kick yourself in the nuts, but doing yoga makes you a sissy.

So you might need to kick yourself twice.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
I’ve got a confession, you guys. This morning as I was working out, I Curled In The Squat Rack. I know, I know! But let me try and explain. You see today was my arm training day and because my gym is renovating, they don’t have any stand alone barbell racks because they’ve removed them.

To do my barbell curls, I was left with either using the Bench for a rest or the Squat Rack. There was nobody else in the gym at the time, but should I still feel like a complete douchebag? Am I being too neurotic? I’ve violated a sacred commandment of T-Etiquette, which is to NEVER curl in the squat rack.[/quote]

I see three violations for curls less than 135#…

1. using a stand alone barbell rack
  2. using a bench
  3. using the squat rack

As stated earlier…what’s wrong with the floor?

If 135# or greater, ignore above.

[quote]jstines wrote:
You should probably punch yourself in the man-berries just for good measure. [/quote]

LOL, as noted, what’s wrong with picking it up off the floor?

OW!! I just kicked myself in the nuts. It really, really hurt too!!!

And you guys were right. Next time I’ll try not to be a fag and pick the barbell up off the floor. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that this morning, duh!?

(I was curling 115 btw, so there is no excuse/free pass)