T Nation

Curl-Rack Squats

So I go to do my curls today in the curl-rack and some idiot is in there with a bar ON HIS FREAKIN BACK!! Maybe I can find a picture of what he was doing on here so I can show you.

Anyway, he was doing these things where he would like sit down (but there wasn’t a chair) and stand up. So I go up to him and I’m like “Dude… If you wanted to sit down and get back up again you could have stayed home” He just gave me this weird look and went back to whatever that was.

I didn’t get to curl because like, where else can you do it? I have to go eat my salad and soy milk.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
So I go to do my curls today in the curl-rack and some idiot is in there with a bar ON HIS FREAKIN BACK!! Maybe I can find a picture of what he was doing on here so I can show you.

Anyway, he was doing these things where he would like sit down (but there wasn’t a chair) and stand up. So I go up to him and I’m like “Dude… If you wanted to sit down and get back up again you could have stayed home” He just gave me this weird look and went back to whatever that was.

I didn’t get to curl because like, where else can you do it? I have to go eat my salad and soy milk.[/quote]

Are you a fisherman? Cause man you are seriously trolling for dumbasses.

You have got a sick sense of humor

Bullpup

So that was you, huh? What’s wrong with the collar on your pink shirt?

[quote]Bad John wrote:
So that was you, huh? What’s wrong with the collar on your pink shirt?[/quote]

It was turned up, of course.

DOOD!

You are a nincompoop!!! Those are called G’Day Mates! They are kinda like top’o the mornin’ to ya’s. You need to start lifting weights more. Here’s a good workout plan:

3 X 8 Stop sign pulls
3 X 8 curl-rack squats (for the trapezoids)
3 X 8 power clean heavy pulls from the hang w/dumbells

I do this every day and I am jackeded!!!

Some poor idiot is going to take that as a serious workout and flame.

[quote]ybthere1 wrote:
DOOD!

You are a nincompoop!!! Those are called G’Day Mates! They are kinda like top’o the mornin’ to ya’s. You need to start lifting weights more. Here’s a good workout plan:

3 X 8 Stop sign pulls
3 X 8 curl-rack squats (for the trapezoids)
3 X 8 power clean heavy pulls from the hang w/dumbells

I do this every day and I am jackeded!!![/quote]

U are wrong, U need to do 3x7 stop sign pulls, If U do eight you could overwork the inner pecs and really mess yourself up!!!

Does this thread rock anyone else’s world?

Lonnie, I can top that:

Today in my gym I saw a guy doing shrugs at the shrug bench, and his spotter was lying down on the bench and pushing up to help the guy doing shrugs! I swear, the spotter was doing almost all the work! The shrugs were almost entirely assisted; he barely looked like he was lifting the bar.

And don’t get me started on the guys who don’t want the knurling to rip up their delicate hands, so that do flyes by gripping the elbows of a partner who actually holds the DBs.

Good times, good times.

Anyone else?

This one time at my gym, I saw this one dude curling another dude. He grabed him by the ankles and curled him for about 10 to 12 reps and he didn’t even break a sweat. He must have been curling about 200 lbs coz I asked the guy, whom has been curled, how much he weighed and he told me 240 lbs but he took about 40 lbs off by pulling himself up on some bar that was attached to the wall or something. That was awsome!

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Lonnie, I can top that:

Today in my gym I saw a guy doing shrugs at the shrug bench, and his spotter was lying down on the bench and pushing up to help the guy doing shrugs! I swear, the spotter was doing almost all the work! The shrugs were almost entirely assisted; he barely looked like he was lifting the bar.

And don’t get me started on the guys who don’t want the knurling to rip up their delicate hands, so that do flyes by gripping the elbows of a partner who actually holds the DBs.

Good times, good times.

Anyone else?[/quote]

LOL Priceless.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Lonnie, I can top that:

[/quote]

You sure it was shrugs? I saw a guy doing bent over rows with the spotter in the same position you describe.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Lonnie, I can top that:

Good times, good times.

Anyone else?[/quote]

Yeah dude, I’ve actually seen both of those things being done.

I’ve also seen this really weird exercise that I’m pretty sure is part of a Jedi training regime: Guy A(we’ll call him Jim) is kind of squatting down and holding on to a bar that’s just laying on the floor. Guy B (obviously the one doing all the mind exercises - we’ll call him Slick) is behind Jim, apparently doing nothing. But then Jim’s face starts to get red. Slick had obviously done something with his powers. Then, (and this is what’s really cool) the bar that Jim is holding starts to FLOAT OFF THE GROUND! When it gets to just above Jim’s knees, he starts to shake real badly. Slick gets real close to Jim and hugs him. Actually, I think he might have been humping him. Anyway, The barbell flies down and Jim beats Slick with a nearby kettlebell. Obviously, Slick hasn’t mastered the Force yet.

Update:

I saw that guy doing chair-sits at the gym today again. His knees were all wrapped up and he had 2 knee braces…on each knee. I asked him what was up and he said he went below parrallel AND his knees went past his toes. He may have to get his testicles transfered to his knee caps in a reconstruction sugery.

haha why the bad rating? This thread is great

[quote]TJCooker wrote:
Bad John wrote:
So that was you, huh? What’s wrong with the collar on your pink shirt?

It was turned up, of course.[/quote]

That wasnt the problem, though… the problem was with his pastel green collared shirt inside his pink shirt to compliment his eyes.

[quote]PublickStews wrote:
haha why the bad rating? This thread is great[/quote]

because they forgot to work their deltards!

I know you are but what am I?

Excellent. - Bump

At the end of a brutal long workday that’s run about 20 hours, I peek in here and find this… fucking awesome. You guys made my day. :slight_smile:

Man I love T-Nation. Threads like these help save many a bad day.