T Nation

Curl-Bar Squatters

So. I was at the gym a while ago (dunno why I’m posting this now) … and I’m sitting there on the end of a bench just being lazy (I was “resting” in between sets) when I saw them.

Two skinny dudes, with an 80 lb ez-curl bar, doing front squats. It was awesome, in a weird fucked up way.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

There’s probably a thread on some muscle pump site complaining of people using curl bars for squats:)

Chris

extra points if you find one doing them on a bosu ball

I don’t really see the problem with that. Sure, it sounds a bit awkward to use an ‘easy-bar’ for Front Squats, but I’d prefer they use a pre-loaded barbell in an open space to them occupying the actual Squat Rack – especially when using a weight of 80 lbs. Waiting for the Squat Rack while someone is doing <100 lbs squats / barbell lunge is almost as annoying as the infamous squat rack curls – it’s unnecessary.

And good for them that they’re actually doing Front Squats.

I do dumbbell Front Squats. Since I can’t clean two 100 lb. dumbbells to my shoulders yet, I wear a weighted vest.

I suck…

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
I’d prefer they use a pre-loaded barbell in an open space to them occupying the actual Squat Rack – especially when using a weight of 80 lbs. Waiting for the Squat Rack while someone is doing <100 lbs squats / barbell lunge is almost as annoying as the infamous squat rack curls – it’s unnecessary.

And good for them that they’re actually doing Front Squats. [/quote]

I used to do 105 lbs 3x8 each leg for lunges, I don’t know how else you want someone to do lunges with a barbell, cuz i wasn’t able to press that much over my head and I wouldn’t since it’s a lot safer using the squat rack.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
I do dumbbell Front Squats. Since I can’t clean two 100 lb. dumbbells to my shoulders yet, I wear a weighted vest.
[/quote]

Necessity is the mother of invention.