T Nation

Curious About Standing Overhead Pressing

I’m doing sets of 4-5 with 245 lbs. on the standing overhead press (without using legs). What is your opinions on strength with this exercise??? Strong, pretty strong, gettin there, what???

[quote]unforgiven2 wrote:
I’m doing sets of 4-5 with 245 lbs. on the standing overhead press (without using legs). What is your opinions on strength with this exercise??? Strong, pretty strong, gettin there, what???[/quote]

Tim Henriques would say you’re great!''. seriously though 245 is more than respectable for an average weight male. How much do you weigh? Being able to rep your bodyweight would put you in mygood’’ category.

Very strong!

D

[quote]robo1 wrote:
unforgiven2 wrote:
I’m doing sets of 4-5 with 245 lbs. on the standing overhead press (without using legs). What is your opinions on strength with this exercise??? Strong, pretty strong, gettin there, what???

Tim Henriques would say you’re great!''. seriously though 245 is more than respectable for an average weight male. How much do you weigh? Being able to rep your bodyweight would put you in mygood’’ category. [/quote]

My bodyweight is 200 to 205.

robo1 wrote:
unforgiven2 wrote:

Tim Henriques would say you’re great!''. seriously though 245 is more than respectable for an average weight male. How much do you weigh? Being able to rep your bodyweight would put you in mygood’’ category.

My bodyweight is 200 to 205.

[/quote]

then yes. you are strong/ 1.25 x your bodyweight is impressive

Seems like you should know the answer to that.

How many other guys do you see doing that?

I’m doing sets of 4-5 with 245 lbs. on the standing overhead press (without using legs). What is your opinions on strength with this exercise??? Strong, pretty strong, gettin there, what???[/quote]

That’s pretty tight no matter how you slice it, but I would like to know what you work with seated.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

How many other guys do you see doing that?[/quote]
Only one other I know of around here. You have to understand, within in an hour and a half of where I live and teach the population of the four towns in maybe 12,000.

Small towns and most are closed minded to fitness. I’ve seen some big M-fers in like Padre and places like that pushing lots of weight but they were always huge guys. So, see I wanted to get a broader picture outside of the normal average bodybuilder/weightlifters.

[quote]Mousse wrote:
unforgiven2 wrote:

That’s pretty tight no matter how you slice it, but I would like to know what you work with seated.[/quote]

Last time I did em, 225, I think a couple sets of 6.

Ghost22 wrote:

How many other guys do you see doing that?
Only one other I know of around here. You have to understand, within in an hour and a half of where I live and teach the population of the four towns in maybe 12,000.

Small towns and most are closed minded to fitness. I’ve seen some big M-fers in like Padre and places like that pushing lots of weight but they were always huge guys. So, see I wanted to get a broader picture outside of the normal average bodybuilder/weightlifters.

[/quote]

Guess you’ve been the biggest fish in your pond for a while then, fair enough.