Curious About Drug Tests

I am just curious with the recent news involving the Tour de France. If an athlete is using Test in any form Prop, Enth, Cyp, Susp etc…does a drug test isolate the specific compound or simply indicate whether the athlete has raised their levels past the 4:1 ratio?

I find it all kind of confusing. I guess my question is: All the Test forms that you can inject will just show up as Testosterone on a Drug Test? Not like if you take Anavar or Winny your Test will rise but also the drug test can isolate the drugs used?

If any one can clear this up I would be interested to know. Thanks

I am no expert by any means but I am pretty sure test is test the only diference is how long it is active in the system hence the diferent forms and esters. Although I am not 100% sure…I am sure some of the vets here can help with this one.

BUMP …anyone have any insight on this?

As far as I know, there is no way to test for the different esters used with the T. All Vitamin T tests use the ratio format.

News is today is they are awaiting an “isotope test”

Appearently there is a test to determine whether testostorone that is the system is natural or sythentic.

This test is rarely used, and is only used in cases where the natural test levels are abnormally high

Appearently athletes have switched to using test base either transdermally or in suspension to get gains that are undetectable.

In the past the only way to detect the use of a testostorone based steroid was to focus on the detection of an ester.

[quote]fatsuperman wrote:
News is today is they are awaiting an “isotope test”

Appearently there is a test to determine whether testostorone that is the system is natural or sythentic.

This test is rarely used, and is only used in cases where the natural test levels are abnormally high

Appearently athletes have switched to using test base either transdermally or in suspension to get gains that are undetectable.

In the past the only way to detect the use of a testostorone based steroid was to focus on the detection of an ester.
[/quote]

Where did you hear that they used to use an ester test? It’s always been ratio since I’ve been competing, what agency is crazy enough to try an ester test? Its wildly unreliable.

there is an istope test becasue the synthetic has different weight istopes of carbons i think…not positive but i have read abotu this test a few times. its newer. otherwise they test for ratio of test to epitest but to pass this you can just inject epitest

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
there is an istope test becasue the synthetic has different weight istopes of carbons i think…not positive but i have read abotu this test a few times. its newer. otherwise they test for ratio of test to epitest but to pass this you can just inject epitest[/quote]

Correct, this is how they’re hammering Landis right now.

all those bike racers do steroids or blood doping who cares… why do you think lance armstrong had cancer. fing up his body with hyperbarric chambers and messign aroudn with his blood to increase oxygen. everyone thinks hes a hero but hes jsut a cheater like everyone else.

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
all those bike racers do steroids or blood doping who cares… why do you think lance armstrong had cancer. fing up his body with hyperbarric chambers and messign aroudn with his blood to increase oxygen. everyone thinks hes a hero but hes jsut a cheater like everyone else.[/quote]

So increasing oxygen leads to testicular cancer is what you are saying…

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
budlight1 wrote:
all those bike racers do steroids or blood doping who cares… why do you think lance armstrong had cancer. fing up his body with hyperbarric chambers and messign aroudn with his blood to increase oxygen. everyone thinks hes a hero but hes jsut a cheater like everyone else.

So increasing oxygen leads to testicular cancer is what you are saying…[/quote]

the use of blood doping and other weird technique yes it does casue cancer, or makes your heart explode becasue you have to much hemo and it gets clogged in your blood vessels and boom your dead

ever air. damn what doesnt give us cancer? wait, that would be steroids!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
budlight1 wrote:

So increasing oxygen leads to testicular cancer is what you are saying…[/quote]

First off, CrewPierce, you need to learn how to spell…

2nd, I am a Certified Hyperbaric Chamber Technician and EMT…and I can tell you that Hyperbaric Oxygen will not cause one to develop Cancer…all of the studies say that there is a therotical chance that it “could” in crease the growth rate of cancer cells by means of what is clinically called “Rapid Cellular Mytosis” Where the cells divide and multiply. Hyperbaric treatments increase the Oxygen at the Blood plasma…by a process called diffusion. Because hemaglobin has bound all the oxygen that it can.

And the in the last 440+ years (the first one was done in 1662 in France) that hyperbaric treatments have been done NO documented cases of Hyperbaric Oxygen having this effect.

Increasing hemaglobin is done all the time with many patients, anemia, chemo patients, and anyone with a significant Decrase in Hemaglobin and Hemacrit Levels (H&H). And I can’t recall any of my patients hearts exploding because of reciving blood Products.

So as a Clinician find it very offensive that you make a blanket statement with having know what the Fuck you are talking about. And what’s worse is that you are misleading people when you have No experience in medicine.

You are the blind leading the blind my friend.

DieselD

p.s. I teach Hyperbaric Medicine to Physicians every day.

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
all those bike racers do steroids or blood doping who cares… why do you think lance armstrong had cancer. fing up his body with hyperbarric chambers and messign aroudn with his blood to increase oxygen. everyone thinks hes a hero but hes jsut a cheater like everyone else.[/quote]

well, you’ve had some stupid posts lately

EPO is also not free of health hazards: excessive use of the hormone can cause polycythemia, a condition where the level of RBC’s in the blood is abnormally high. This causes the blood to be more viscous than normal, a condition that strains the heart. Some elite athletes who died of heart failure?usually during sleep, when heart rate is naturally low?were found to have unnaturally high RBC concentrations in their blood

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
budlight1 wrote:

well, you’ve had some stupid posts lately[/quote]

i have my days. will you forgive me.

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
budlight1 wrote:

well, you’ve had some stupid posts lately

i have my days. will you forgive me.[/quote]

haha. yup

[quote]budlight1 wrote:
EPO is also not free of health hazards: excessive use of the hormone can cause polycythemia, a condition where the level of RBC’s in the blood is abnormally high. This causes the blood to be more viscous than normal, a condition that strains the heart. Some elite athletes who died of heart failure?usually during sleep, when heart rate is naturally low?were found to have unnaturally high RBC concentrations in their blood[/quote]

Don’t forget Red-Blood Cell Aplasia. This could even be worse than a quick death in the sleep. RBCA is when the body attacks it’s own red blood cells and because it views them as foreign. This has been documented quite well in Eprex (euro-generic-EPO) and has been contributed to mad-cow disease. Because of the disease, manufactures started switching the types of EPO used in the solution. It should be noted, Epogen (american-brand name-EPO), has only a few 2 - 3 documented cases.

Yes EPO can be damn dangerous, but just about anything can be if not monitored correctly.