T Nation

Cures for Snoring?

Got any?

breath right strips are awesome

also check to see if you have a deviate septum that may need straightening (surgery) - best decision ever for me.

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
breath right strips are awesome

also check to see if you have a deviate septum that may need straightening (surgery) - best decision ever for me.[/quote]

What if you got your tonsils and adenoids removed does that help?

Apparently I snore like a SOB and I have apnea too. So I might be a good candidate for surgery?? I dunno I am no DR.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

Apparently I snore like a SOB and I have apnea too. [/quote]

Your new girl friend must be loving that :slight_smile: You may end up having to sleep with a Darth Vader mask thing for sleep apnea. Super sexy. Apparently I talk all night long.

Sorry no advice for snoring except perhaps surgery. I’m guessing weight isn’t an issue.

My wife is the one who’s doing the snoring lol. I’ve tried ear plugs but I still hear it. I am a light sleeper so that dosen’t help. Her mom snores like a banshee and her boyfriend sleeps in another room. Hereditary?.

Nose strips help a little but but the skin on her nose gets tender after a few nights and they aren’t cheap.

It’s really pissing me off which make me feel like an asshole but… FUCK!

Don’t think it’s sleep apnea cause she breaths steady. There’s a sleep clinic right beside my gym down the street so I think it might be time to see an expert.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

Apparently I snore like a SOB and I have apnea too.

Your new girl friend must be loving that :slight_smile: You may end up having to sleep with a Darth Vader mask thing for sleep apnea. Super sexy. Apparently I talk all night long.

Sorry no advice for snoring except perhaps surgery. I’m guessing weight isn’t an issue.[/quote]

Nope, she stays active walking and hiking… Not a tubby.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

Apparently I snore like a SOB and I have apnea too.

Sorry no advice for snoring except perhaps surgery. I’m guessing weight isn’t an issue.[/quote]

Yeah I have gained some glame lbs since I quit smoking but I have been snoring for a while. I just found out about the apnea from the GF. She thought I was choking and dieing in my sleep. Scared the shit out of her at first. I had no idea.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Apparently I talk all night long.
[/quote]

Haha!
My wife often laughs in her sleep. I imagine she’s dreaming about me naked.

lol

I used to have terrible snoring and then saw a doctor about a possible deviated septum. Turns out I needed surgery to remove nasal polyps. It has done wonders, and when some do arise simple saline spray does the trick.

I’m thinking about using a shotgun for my snoring problem.

Sleep study and CPAP

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Sleep study and CPAP[/quote]

They need a sleep study on me and revealed nothing. Although I could not sleep with all those wires and shit coming out everywhere. And then when you knock a lead off they come in and wake you up and put it back and forget about rolling over with the 30 odd wires attached. There is no way that study gets accurate feed back.

http://www.target.com/HBI-USA-SnorePro-SP-600-Snore/dp/B001GL4BZM

check that out…I’m thinking about getting it myself. I emailed the manufacturer and they will give you a full refund if you send it back to them within 30 days in case it doesn’t work.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
DJHT wrote:
Sleep study and CPAP

They need a sleep study on me and revealed nothing. Although I could not sleep with all those wires and shit coming out everywhere. And then when you knock a lead off they come in and wake you up and put it back and forget about rolling over with the 30 odd wires attached. There is no way that study gets accurate feed back.[/quote]

Was this covered by OHIP or did your company benifits cover it. Sorry if I’m being nosey. Ohhh, a pun.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

Haha!

lol

[/quote]

Man, you’ve been posting some funny shit lately!

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
I’m thinking about using a shotgun for my snoring problem.[/quote]

I was gonna do that but we broke up.
Better that way ( :

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
DJHT wrote:
Sleep study and CPAP

They need a sleep study on me and revealed nothing. Although I could not sleep with all those wires and shit coming out everywhere. And then when you knock a lead off they come in and wake you up and put it back and forget about rolling over with the 30 odd wires attached. There is no way that study gets accurate feed back.[/quote]

I agree, I am not a real big fan of sleep studies, however the alternative sucks. Reggie White is big example. My best friend who is a member here can attest to CPAP and the quality of life it brought to him. If it is just a soft palate issue and someone is not have apnea with subsequent bradycardia issues. Maybe just a mouth piece will work.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

Haha!

lol

[/quote]

Maybe you fart in your sleep and she finds it funny…sub-consciencley of course.

[quote]bond james bond wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
DJHT wrote:
Sleep study and CPAP

They need a sleep study on me and revealed nothing. Although I could not sleep with all those wires and shit coming out everywhere. And then when you knock a lead off they come in and wake you up and put it back and forget about rolling over with the 30 odd wires attached. There is no way that study gets accurate feed back.

Was this covered by OHIP or did your company benifits cover it. Sorry if I’m being nosey. Ohhh, a pun.[/quote]

OHIP covered it. Thank gawd cause I would have flipped if I had to pay for it.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
bond james bond wrote:
dirtbag wrote:
DJHT wrote:
Sleep study and CPAP

Was this covered by OHIP or did your company benifits cover it. Sorry if I’m being nosey. Ohhh, a pun.

OHIP covered it. Thank gawd cause I would have flipped if I had to pay for it.[/quote]

My older sister just recently found out she has apnea and I think it’s going to cost her fourteen grand for the machine…not covered under OHIP.