Curcumin 500

Is this product launch today’s article???

forgive my ignorance on COX-2 inhibitors. But how does this compare to something like Cissus?

for acute pain relief I will definitely try it. But I have clients who have been using the cissus to great success. Are there any comparison studies I can look up? I’m not getting much on my web search.

[quote]Alwyn Cosgrove wrote:
A lot of evidence on curcumin and cancer treatment is starting to appear. Do a google search for MD Anderson and curcumin - or a search at mdanderson.org.

For a mainstream article summarizing a lot of this: Healing Powers of Turmeric: Men's Health.com

I’ve been taking this daily since my last bout with cancer – and paying a LOT more than Biotest are charging. I’ve also recommended it to everyone I know who has or is facing cancer.

This one’s a no brainer for me.

AC[/quote]

I wont hijack this thread beyond this one post, but I just want to talk about MD Anderson Cancer Center here in Houston. If you know anyone fighting cancer, and they don’t feel like they are being treated well, or being given all the options, please, please, please have them contact MD Anderson. It is THE place to be if you have cancer. I know there are other great cancer centers around the country, but whenever there is an analysis done MD Anderson tops the list.

Last time I checked there were over 200 clinical trials going on at MD Anderson. There is financial and housing assistance available.

I know that Texas has a bad rap around the country, but Houston’s medical facilities are second to none.

OK I’m done.

Jason

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
TC- I love your writing… but please don’t knock Roadhouse.

Sam Elliott had at least ten lines that kick so much ass that every man should know them.[/quote]

In the midst of a heated fight to the death, Marshall Teague says to a bloodied Patrick Swayze:

“I used to fuck guys like you in prison.”

I remember when I first heard that line, I turned to Mom and said, “I think I want to be a writer.”

Just tore my pec minor, no bruising or swelling though. I have trouble putting pressure on it like doing push ups etc. Would this product aid in the healing of this minor tear? Thanks

I noticed the main types of pain mentioned were related to inflamation, how would this supplement aid someone with a herniated disk? Would there be a noticeable difference?

If Alywn Cosgrove approves it, that’s good enough for me.

Figures I placed an order last night though before the article today…

Biotest guys,

I appreciate you wish to market this as a supplement, but you’re skating very close to making clinical claims which I assume you know now require a clinical trial to substantiate.

If you’re interested I can put you in touch with some decent CRO’s who could manage this for you - just PM me. There is obviously a cost to bring a drug to market but if this is really that good then the commercial considerations should outweigh the development costs.

A lot of evidence on curcumin and cancer treatment is starting to appear. Do a google search for MD Anderson and curcumin - or a search at mdanderson.org.

For a mainstream article summarizing a lot of this: Healing Powers of Turmeric: Men's Health.com

I’ve been taking this daily since my last bout with cancer – and paying a LOT more than Biotest are charging. I’ve also recommended it to everyone I know who has or is facing cancer.

This one’s a no brainer for me.

AC[/quote]

Just ordered two bottles :slight_smile:

Do you recommend just the one tab a day or more?

Thanks,

Marc

[quote]Slay the Dragon wrote:
I noticed the main types of pain mentioned were related to inflamation, how would this supplement aid someone with a herniated disk? Would there be a noticeable difference?[/quote]

I wonder the same thing actually. If this would help with chronic back pain, by lucifer i know ill be a regular with this stuff!

I use the Poliquin brand but your prices looks a bit better. I will be picking this up next order. How have the folk at T-Nation been taking this? I am taking 400 or 800mg in the morning with breakfast and 5mg Bioperine.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

I wont hijack this thread beyond this one post, but I just want to talk about MD Anderson Cancer Center here in Houston. If you know anyone fighting cancer, and they don’t feel like they are being treated well, or being given all the options, please, please, please have them contact MD Anderson. It is THE place to be if you have cancer. I know there are other great cancer centers around the country, but whenever there is an analysis done MD Anderson tops the list.

Last time I checked there were over 200 clinical trials going on at MD Anderson. There is financial and housing assistance available.

I know that Texas has a bad rap around the country, but Houston’s medical facilities are second to none.

OK I’m done.

Jason
[/quote]

Exactly, Jason. They are leading the way.
And if THEY are looking into curcumin…

AC

I have been using curcumin from NOW Foods and Doctor’s Best from a few months now. I just stick to one capsule daily to prolong the bottle.

Any particular reason why piperine was chosen over bioperine in this formula?

I’m confused, but I am used to Biotest comming up with revolutionary compounds and formulas, which appears not to be the case this time. Adding piperine to curcumin forumlas has been done since 1998. Further, there are many other ways of increasing the bioavailability of curcumin including nano encapsulation and lipidation (neither of which are mentioned in the article.)

finally, there are several 95% pure curcumin formulas with piperine in them avaiable just about anywhere for a similar cost.

So my question is, what did Biotest do that was so revolutionary and hardcore to this formula?

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:

Just ordered two bottles :slight_smile:

Do you recommend just the one tab a day or more?

Thanks,

Marc[/quote]

I’m doing 2000-3000mg of another brand right now (due to low bioavailability etc) which would be 4-6 capsules.

I’ll be doing 2 capsules of this when I get my order (just ordered it myself!)

When you start looking at a combination of:

Rez-V
Flameout
Superfood
And Curcumin – it’s an EXTREMELY solid little “health insurance” stack for around $3-4 per day.

AC

[quote]progwizard wrote:
I have been using curcumin from NOW Foods and Doctor’s Best from a few months now. I just stick to one capsule daily to prolong the bottle.

Any particular reason why piperine was chosen over bioperine in this formula?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that Bioperine is piperine.

How would this work for something like DOMS? I’m not a huge supp junkie, but it this could even get rid of 50% of my leg related DOMS I would be in for life.

Thank you Biotest! I just got back from the doctor, had ultrasound, and the doc says I have some lingering inflammation. I’m so happy this product is available because I’ve been on advil and aleeve forever and it’s done nothing but cause problems. Just ordered 3 bottles of this stuff along with 2 bottles of Flameout.

Really appreciate this guys!

In terms of anti inflammatory effects there are two other powerhouses for you inflamed athletes to look at, Astaxanthin and green lipped mussel oil. both are extremely potent and have lots of research to back them up. Also they are both very good for you in many other regards.
And thats my 5 cents worth!!

When you start looking at a combination of:

Rez-V
Flameout
Superfood
And Curcumin – it’s an EXTREMELY solid little “health insurance” stack for around $3-4 per day.

AC

[/quote]

This powerhouse group of supplements is clearly a great insurance policy, but for those with an imbalance between Th1 and Th2 immune response that shifts toward the Th2 side, would all of these taken together have the potential to exacerbate certain systemic autoimmune disorders that exhibit a Th2 dominance?

I ask this because autoimmune issues run in my family, and I don’t want to inadvertently worsen any issues by using a group of products that are absolute gold for most folks without autoimmune issues.