T Nation

Cung Le Vacates Title - Shields vs. Miller

Strikeforce's "Fedor vs. Rogers" card on 11/7 has locked down a co-headliner. According to MMA Weekly, Jake Shields and Jason "Mayhem" Miller will fight for the organization's undisputed middleweight title - not one of those weak-ass "interim" belts.

http://www.cagepotato.com/cung-le-vacates-title-jake-shields-vs-jason-miller-strikeforce-middleweight-belt

Looks like Strikeforce is building a decent Fedor/Rogers card. They're also talking about getting Mousasi/Filho. Filho called him out....Mousasi said Filho is like a "kid in a candy store" now that he's back in Japan...and called him a little donkey on steroids..lol. Strikeforce needs to make this happen.

The card is starting to take shape nicely, I'm getting excited.

+1 for mousasi/filho

Would Mousasi vs Filho be for the LHW title?

miller and shields is a great match up.

it's a shame that strikeforce will just fold like every other show though.

Yeah..I have the same feeling...but that feeling is always on the back burner when match-ups like this happen. Doesn't matter the org,I just want to see good fights.

yeah, who doesn't. it's a shame that these fights don't get put on in the ufc though, giving great fighters like shields and mayhem the chance to fight for a title that actually means something.

i reckon shields by sub in round two.

Fedor vs. Rogers
Shields vs. Miller
Mousasi vs. Filho

....would be a great card. Problem is those should probably all be ME fights with Strikeforce's current talent pool. Kind of seems like they are going to blow their wad on this card.

Fedor vs. Rogers
Shields vs. Miller
Mousasi vs. Filho

....would be a great card. Problem is those should probably all be ME fights with Strikeforce's current talent pool. Kind of seems like they are going to blow their wad on this card.

I think they're trying to do it big since its going to be on cbs,and they still have Overeem coming back who'll probably fight the winner of fedor-rogers on the next card. As for filling future cards I think they have a deal with dream too share fighters; hello robbie lawler-melvin manhoef.

strikeforce last night was pretty good actually.. kennedy/woodley/longacre were pretty impressive.

im enjoying strikeforce, they need to keep this shit up..

and the comment about UFC fights meaning something - ufc jams a bunch of BS hype fights down our throats.. bunch of TUF hype matches and b.s. title fights.. they need to chill with the TUF shit and make better cards.

strikeforce is definitely becoming tough competition for ufc.. overeem/fedor would be sick.. shield/mayhem is gonna be great.. mousasi/filho hope that happens also.. strikeforce has a PRIDE vibe :wink:

peace