CT's Weighted Vest Idea For Mass and Fat Loss?

Hey CT, I’ve been following your HP Mass program for four months. All my lifts exploded through the roof and I added crazy size in my back, chest, shoulders (seriously…I can’t fit into even my old LOOSE shirts) and lost a little fat…so its been a crazy success. I was just wondering about ONE idea I’ve seen you float around for awhile recently that I want to try out.

You’ve stated before about using Weighted Vests (for Low Intensity Cardio in the past) and more recently here: HP Mass and Weighted Vest - Christian Thibaudeau Coaching - Forums - T Nation, where it was used in a study to increase athlete’s vertical jump.

You stated how you also wanted to try wearing one all day…I thought that was a smart idea…so I bought a weighted vest (only 40 pounds) and plan to do just that. I own my fitness business so it won’t be a problem. I’m just wondering if there are any parameters or suggestions of how to use the vest besides wearing it all day.

Bodyweight neural charges?
Weighted low intensity cardio
Sled work? Hill climbs? Etc

I think wearing it all day could eliminate the need for some traditional energy system work and probably just increase your metabolism in a positive way- since your HR would be below 130BPM it won’t be catabolic for your muscles.

I think a side benefit is that it could add calf size (my reasoning is, look at most overweight people, the extra weight is constantly stimulating their calves and they grow- heck one of my formerly obese clients has near bodybuilder quality calves).

Thanks CT, loving the new training philosophy!