CT's mutation and weight loss

I’m about 189 at 5’11 and would estimate body fat to be anywhere from 12-16 %. Never had the opportunity to get it measured. I’ve been seriously training for about 10 months and have gained about 20 lbs. most of this being LBM. I am 20 years old.

I would like to maintain most of my weight but definitely want to cut for the summer. I’m wondering if following CT’s diet and training in the new mutation series would allow me to do that. I noticed he lost a total of 16 lbs. I damn sure dont wanna drop down to 173 but would be satisfied being 180-185.

If you had the same goals, would you follow this plan and what kind of variations would you make in the diet plan to allow minimal weight loss?

The first thing to do is get your bodyfat tested. An estimate is better than nothing (if its educated) and will at least get you in the ballpark but clearly running numbers on a diet needs accuracy and then some tweaking.

With that said, you probably need to run numbers for your stats. T-Dawg-ish dieting seems to be good for losing fat while maintaining LBM which it sounds like you want. CT’s numbers are for him; you might want to run your own to see what you come up with.

Wait a minute, you “estimate” your bf at 12-16% but only want to lose 4-9 pounds? Something’s wrong there: if you’re really at 12-16% at 189 lbs, losing 4 or 5 of your 22 to 30 lbs of fat wont make much visual difference, you’d need to lose more. If, on the other hand, 5-10 lbs really is all you need to lose, I would imagine all you really need to do is pay a little more attention to what youre putting in your body, a la Berardi’s Seven Habits article. I agree with lucid, find a way to get your bf checked. Hope this helps.