I’ve taken the last 15 weeks to “peak” my bench-press.
I started with a max of 225#, and after 8 weeks on your program, I got 255#. It was weird, though, because I could 18" press like 235# for several reps. I figured that I just needed more specific work.
Anyway, I plugged 255# into the Russian Squat Routine (done for BP), and I just hit the max day yesterday. (Every day in the program felt really light, BTW). My projected max was 270#. I hit 290# (!) with no problems, and I think after an “unloading/taper” week, I will hit 300# with no problems.
I attribute the overwhelming success in the RSR to the pressing strength I developed in every portion of the lift due to your program.
Thanks a lot! Now I’m studying the “Beast Evolves” article and the Black Book to see how I’m going to design the next 12-16 weeks of my programs…
Dan “Still Astonished” McVicker