CT, Thank You For Today’s "Fat Shaming Witch Hunt" Article

Edit before and after pics

Ty for Fat Shaming, Witch Hunts, and White Knights

It made me realize I needed to show some pics to @itsallaboutfat who is struggling with anorexia. I’m trying to feel comfortable in my skin but can be difficult. But I’m liking the healthier me, and I hope other women struggling can embrace body armor

Edit thnx for editing my title @Chris_Colucci. Figured you’d have booted me by now :rofl:

3 Likes

BTW anorexia is often caused by a zinc deficiency. A zinc deficiency decreases appetite and taste which leads to a lesser desire for food but more importantly it affects the accuracy of body image by affecting various zones in the nervous system.

Psychological intervention while there is still a zinc deficiency have a much less chance of being successful because appetite will be down and body image will be incorrect. Fixing zinc deficiency before doing the psychological intervention drastically increase the chance of success.

3 Likes

do yoi think any zinc supplement will work? take a look at my blood tests. i thought about deficiency too because it seems like the easiest way to explain (in my case it was hair loss). but turned out i’m not ferritin deficient… Oo
so… how could i check if i need to add zync supplement?

Zinc supplements will help, but the best would be zinc cream. Oral supplements have an absorption rate of 33%

1 Like

Yes be wary of zinc orally because of cadmium!