T Nation

CT Strength Circuit Questions

Hey CT … I started your Built for Bad strength Circuits midway through last week (4 days). I wanted to get used to transitioning between exercises and equipment and plate changes. My questions are thus:

1. I finished the circuits in under 35 minutes and am wondering … Is that normal for time, or should I increase my rest periods?

2. For the Dead Squat, I began to feel a “twinge” in my left knee. Nothing painful or popping. But I am pretty sure my joints haven’t gotten strong enough around my knee to match what my Max 1 rep would be. Should i decrease the Total weight and percentages, or just the last couple of sets?

Hope that made sense. And as always, thanks for the work you guys do to help us.

Also … If you really need a good forearm/Grip blast of a workout, try typing a post like this immediately after doing all this workout! Owwwwch.

[quote]fitnessben7500 wrote:
Hey CT … I started your Built for Bad strength Circuits midway through last week (4 days). I wanted to get used to transitioning between exercises and equipment and plate changes. My questions are thus:

1. I finished the circuits in under 35 minutes and am wondering … Is that normal for time, or should I increase my rest periods?

2. For the Dead Squat, I began to feel a “twinge” in my left knee. Nothing painful or popping. But I am pretty sure my joints haven’t gotten strong enough around my knee to match what my Max 1 rep would be. Should i decrease the Total weight and percentages, or just the last couple of sets?

Hope that made sense. And as always, thanks for the work you guys do to help us.

Also … If you really need a good forearm/Grip blast of a workout, try typing a post like this immediately after doing all this workout! Owwwwch. [/quote]

1. That’s a fairly common time. Tat means that you can “invest” about 15 minutes in doing some isolation work for a lagging body part, abs work or loaded carries

2. Use a lighter load… the key really is to go fairly heavy every day, doesn’t have to be a real max

Awesome, thanks.

What isolation exercises would you/would not recommend? I know you mentioned in the original artlicle comments you did Curls. I’m going to mix it up with Curls, Kayak Rows, maybe some Goblet squats too, and see how those go.

[quote]fitnessben7500 wrote:
Awesome, thanks.

What isolation exercises would you/would not recommend? I know you mentioned in the original artlicle comments you did Curls. I’m going to mix it up with Curls, Kayak Rows, maybe some Goblet squats too, and see how those go. [/quote]

I would suggest simply picking isolation work for your perceived weakness(es)… nothing complicated, its bonus work.

Farmers Walks it is, then. Trap Bar has weight already on it and I have to move across the Gym anyway.