CT Prime Time

Best snatch in training is 142.5kg (with straps), bench bench is 435lbs (raw), best squat is 585lbs x 5 reps (raw, not even a belt).

[quote]AMIRisSQUAT wrote:
Sorry I dont have any better questions tonite (not in thinking mode) but what IS your lifetime best snatch…deadlift…bench press and squat? If you dont mind me asking of course.

Oh, and throw your favourite color in there as well.

Amir

T-mag Mod :wink:

Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
bigpump23 wrote:

CT, would it be benefical to do a power/explosion block together? . Focusing mainly on strength/hypertrophy after doing an accumulation/intensification block would it be ok to do max effort the upper body and explosive o-lifts for the lower body(instead of a DE day) and for the back?

Yes, in fact that is what I was doing when I hit my lifetime best snatch.

[/quote]

[quote]AMIRisSQUAT wrote:
Oh, and throw your favourite color in there as well.

Amir
[/quote]

Silver.

Christian,
After doing Chad Waterbury’s ABBH program for a couple of months to begin building a solid base, I was going to switch over to one of his strength program while increasing my conditioning/endurance/power for soccer (season starts in october). However, I reread your renaissance body article and I think this would be much better for me (I’m a golie and midfielder). Do you think I could manage your program while doing one or more of the following on off days: sprinting, plyometrics, core/spine stability work, endurance running?
If so do you think i should modify anything in your program or choose specific exercises (I’m probably just gonna make my own sled and sandbags, but I have no way of doing the sledgehammer/wheel part. I was going to replace it with Chad’s version of GPP). Thanks in advance.

Yes, unfortunately my spies don’t understand French, so I’m screwed!

Great answer to those questions, BTW, and I second the vote for Supertraining w/regards to learning about periodization.

Stay strong
MR

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Mike Robertson wrote:
Damn CT, get on this answer, will ya!

Didn’t you cover a ton of this stuff in your books?

Ahhhh. so that how it goes… you’re sending your spies to learn about my new secret methods!!![/quote]

BTW, I’m so envious of that squat it makes me sick!

CT will u plese answer my qustions i wrote in the start im dsperet:(

[quote]Mike Robertson wrote:
BTW, I’m so envious of that squat it makes me sick![/quote]

Well that was when I was young, hairy and pudgy … The good thing is that I actually have the snatch and squat on video. Well, a friend of mine has it. But still, it was captured for posterity.

Hey Thibs! Thanks for the great answer! Are all these theories in your books? If so which 1s? LOL I wanna buy all your books now! Haha anyway, I had a little trouble understand this part.

"For size an strength I prefer a model that is a mix of wavelike periodization and conjugate periodization.

I focus on volume for 4 weeks (normally 50% of the volume is for hypetrophy, 30% is for strength and 20% is for power). This is an accumulation block.

Then I focus on strength for 4 weeks (60% of the volume for strength, 20% of the volume for powerm 10% of the volume for hypertrophy). This is an intensification block.

Finally for 4 weeks we focus on power (60% of the volume is for power, 30% if for strength and 10% is for hypertrophy). This is an explosion block. We then go back to step 1."

I dont understand what “wavelike” periodization with conjugate means.

Also I dont understand how to setup 50% of hypertrophy volume, 30% for power and 20% power. How would you divide the volume and workouts. Would it be like 2 weeks hypertrophy then a week for strength and power? Or would it be all worked simulatoneously? and if so, how? Same for the intensity phase. Man IM COFUSED OUT OF MY MIND! I also read your theory on specialization, and I want to see if i have this correct.

Mon: Quads and Triceps Volume Work
Wed: Q/T Intenisty Work
Fri: Q/T density work.
and this would follow the accum/intensification.

How many sets for Mon, Wed, Fri?

1. For Monday, How much volume would you incorporate? What techniques would you incorporate? such as supersets? exercises How long should this workout take?

2. Wed- For intensity, same as Monday, how many sets would you put in? techniques, such as drop sets, or would it be like 3x3, and you would have a triset or something

3. Density- lol, same questions too, e.g as above.

And would you progress by adding sets, or increase density, or weight, or would it be seperate for each day? Such as adding a set for mon, bumping the weight for Wed, and increasing density for Fri.

I Was thinking about buying Tudor Bompa’s Periodization Training for sports, and serious strength training also. But I am really itching to buy your books, and was wondering how many books you had out, what are they called, and where I can purchase them.

ANOTHER SHIT LOAD OF QUESTIONS, BUT I KNOW U LOVE US T-NATIONERS! haha, Really though, Thanks for all your time and help. I really appreciate it.

[quote]amitsapir wrote:
ct
im 17 days befro abb show{the 27 of august mr israel}
1}im 6% body fat, eating right now 120 grams claen carbs aday and 250 grams of protein aday

2}training 10 weekly sesions{am-havy lifting for the last 2month- 15 sets per big mucsle grups and 6-8 sets per small mucle groups.
pm-posins and/or light carido and abs}

3}divivded like this: chest/biceps
back and shouldr isolation movments
and legs combining olimpic lifting movments-legs are my srongeast body part so i just need alot of sepertion there

4}do i need to reduce volume or load for this last 17 days,how about incricing reps?{i have beem working in the4-10 zone}

5}im feeling very tried in the lifting sesiions but can still keep my strenght and loads,but im getting cramps doing my posing lessions

6}any other help will be graetly appricicated

most importent to me is to now if to lower the volume and sets or keep it up the compitition day?
thank you amit from israel’if so by how much to reduce?
ps-soory on my englsih[/quote]

ct-plese help this is the meet of my life

Just for the info since you give classes there…

What products are available from Biotest at the Pro-gym in MTL?

I went to a GNC to ask if they could order some Biotest product but the guy said that GNC here doesn’t work with them anymore but he said that he buy his own Grow! stash at the Pro-gym…

Anyway…thanks for the info!

CT,
When using functional isometrics to work a sticking point, are the functional isometrics a workout in itself? Or can they simply be added to my current Westside split? And would you use isometrics on both ME and DE days or one or the other?
Thanks in advance
Will42

This is what wavelike conjugate means.

Really? Last time I was there I didn’t see any Grow! The only place I’ve seen is that little shop on the same street at the Pro Gym … I think it’s called “Le monde du muscle”. They even had some old T2 bottles!!!

[quote]Hekk wrote:
Just for the info since you give classes there…

What products are available from Biotest at the Pro-gym in MTL?

I went to a GNC to ask if they could order some Biotest product but the guy said that GNC here doesn’t work with them anymore but he said that he buy his own Grow! stash at the Pro-gym…

Anyway…thanks for the info![/quote]

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
This is what wavelike conjugate means.[/quote]

This one is better

[quote]Will42 wrote:
CT,
When using functional isometrics to work a sticking point, are the functional isometrics a workout in itself? Or can they simply be added to my current Westside split? And would you use isometrics on both ME and DE days or one or the other?
Thanks in advance
Will42
[/quote]

As I mentionned, isos are performed during the max effort workout. After the completion of the main exercise. Perform 3-5 sets of iso work at the point where you failed in your max effort exercise.

Honestly these questions are all very hard to answer. Last minute preparation are extremely hard to do. Even the best “peaking” gurus like Chad Nichols and Chris Aceto will succeed about 3 times out of 4 with athletes they know and have been working with for years.

It is impossible to do precise recommendation to someone I don’t know and have never even seen physically.

Do you need to make weight for a certain class? Are you lean enough? Do you need to loose more fat or are you in contest shape already? Do you have a tendendy to hold a lot of water? What is your day like in terms of work? What type of food do you respond well to? For how long have you been dieting for the show and what was your dietary progression like? Have you lost any strength? Do you feel flat? Are you more sore than usual after your workouts? Are you tired when you wake up in the morning?

[quote]amitsapir wrote:
ct
im 17 days befro abb show{the 27 of august mr israel}
1}im 6% body fat, eating right now 120 grams claen carbs aday and 250 grams of protein aday

2}training 10 weekly sesions{am-havy lifting for the last 2month- 15 sets per big mucsle grups and 6-8 sets per small mucle groups.
pm-posins and/or light carido and abs}

3}divivded like this: chest/biceps
back and shouldr isolation movments
and legs combining olimpic lifting

movments-legs are my srongeast body part so i just need alot of sepertion there

4}do i need to reduce volume or load for this last 17 days,how about incricing reps?{i have beem working in the4-10 zone}

5}im feeling very tried in the lifting sesiions but can still keep my strenght and loads,but im getting cramps doing my posing lessions

6}any other help will be graetly appricicated

most importent to me is to now if to lower the volume and sets or keep it up the compitition day?
thank you amit from israel’if so by how much to reduce?
ps-soory on my englsih[/quote]

I don’t know if you missed my post or not, but just in case here it is again:

Christian,
After doing Chad Waterbury’s ABBH program for a couple of months to begin building a solid base, I was going to switch over to one of his strength program while increasing my conditioning/endurance/power for soccer (season starts in october). However, I reread your renaissance body article and I think this would be much better for me (I’m a golie and midfielder). Do you think I could manage your program while doing one or more of the following on off days: sprinting, plyometrics, core/spine stability work, endurance running?
If so do you think i should modify anything in your program or choose specific exercises (I’m probably just gonna make my own sled and sandbags, but I have no way of doing the sledgehammer/wheel part. I was going to replace it with Chad’s version of GPP). Thanks in advance.

If you already read it, sorry for the double post.

CT,
How are you this evening? I hope you’re still around and can answer this for me.

I have a question regarding your “Rapid Fire” article about neck training. The program was written for a race car driver and you said that it is applicable to other athletes as well. My question is, would you make any modifications to the program for someone training for football? If so, what would you change? Thanks for your time. I really appreciate all you do.

In faith,
WS

here is the info:
}im 6% body fat want to lose like 1-2
precent more if possiible

2}yes im very tired when i woke up and have trouble sleeping

3}i have tow extra kilos of water retention but ususly i take tham off with 100 mf of fusid in the last 3 days
befroe the show,im 7-78 kilo right will go in 75 classsro 80 calss catgory.depends on the comptiitors

4}i dident ;ost power in the loads if any is i got sronger{probbly becuse of tha aas use…}but im very tired all day
after the sesiions

5}my main qustions is if for this 17 days is to take the load or volume off like i mentiond it he first qusitions{15 sets per big mucsle groups and 6-8 four small muscle groups evry other day…and also by how much?

thank alot of the help
ps --agin soory on my englsih

and also from diet wise im right now on 120garms carbs per day
{ususly from rice and 0% youogrt
and 250 grams of protein im planinig to cut the carbs of 20 grans every day intitll the copmtition is that ok?

yes im feeling sore more than ususual after practice in all of tham!

im also having trouble sleeping{but probbly due to the tren use…}