T Nation

CT- OVT Question

I'm in my first week of OVT and really enjoyin it. I have a few questions:

1) Unfortunately, there is no horizontal back extension apparatus in my gym, so I can't do the 1-legged back extension on the leg day. What would be a good subsitute? (Everything else is done strictly according to the program)

2) On shoulder day, you call for Incline lateral raise. I'm not sure on how to do this excercise: are the arms raised perpendicular to the floor, or along the same plane as the incline?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem with OVT... we had one of those useless angled back extension machines. I substituted Natural Glute/Hams for the 1-leg back extension. I also substituted frankenstein leg curls for standard leg curls, but that would be optional. Look them up in the search for more info.

As to the incline lateral raise, I think that CT is talking about this exercise (see picture). If I am wrong, he can certainly correct me.

Jared, the natural GHR sounds like a good sub, thanks for the advice.

As far as the pic, it looks like Incline rear delt raises. I think the Incline lateral raise is done facing forward, but I'm not sure if the arms move on the plane of the incline or perpendicular to the ground.

The incline delt raise is the opposite of the pic. It's done sitting on an high incline bench.

But remember that you can use any exercise you like, as long as you respect the basic OVT ideology.

Ok thanks CT.

One more question:

Do you recommend, for the sumo deadlifts, doing singles or "touch and go" for 5 reps? By singles, i mean resetting after each rep. I'm not sure I'm using the right terminology here.

Like this but at a high incline?

Yep

I think I am an idiot, but I can't seem to find the outline for OVT. I have looked all over the forum and can't find it. Can anyone help?

type ovt on the t-mag search engine make sure you are not on the forum search engine.

OVT Workout:
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/257ovt2.html

OVT Cardio, Nutrition and complete program layout:
http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/256beast2.html