CT Needs Your Help!

Guys, I’ve given you a lot over the years now it’s your chance to pay me back … kidding!!! But seriously, as I’m working on my new book, I was thinking about including a Q&A chapter and would need some good questions.

If you have any, send them to me at christianthibaudeau_1@hotmail.com

The questions should be general or more specific questions related to:

1. Gaining muscle
  2. Losing fat
  3. GPP work
  4. Olympic lifts
  5. Gaining strength & power

PLEASE no questions about my T-Nation articles. Understand that those who will buy the book aren’t necessarily T-Nation readers and might not know of my work here.

Of all the questions that I will keep, 2 peoples will receive a free copy of my new book.

for hypertrophy & for someone who’s into cosmetic bodybuilding, would it be better to do body split training? U seem to grow magnificently with body-split training. Many coaches go againts the idea nowadays, & they instead suggest to train the muscles with movement splits, upper-lower splits, or total body workout.

A coach like Waterbury even recommends to train each bodyparts 2-4 times per week which go againts the idea that our muscles need to rest to grow. So, for people like me who’re confused out here about designing workout programs, can u please give some light?

CT, where do you babies come from?

Hahaha, okay seriously.

“What is the most effective way to gain masive strength and power while losing some fat at the same time?”

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Guys, I’ve given you a lot over the years now it’s your chance to pay me back … kidding!!! But seriously, as I’m working on my new book, I was thinking about including a Q&A chapter and would need some good questions.

1. Gaining muscle
  2. Losing fat
  3. GPP work
  4. Olympic lifts

PLEASE no questions about my T-Nation articles. Understand that those who will buy the book aren’t necessarily T-Nation readers and might not know of my work here.

Of all the questions that I will keep, 2 peoples will receive a free copy of my new book.[/quote]

1. How much of difference is it to move from “strength” weightlifting to “olympic style lifting”?

2. To become a proficient powerlifter, is it necessary to only to concentrate on squats, deadlifts and bench presses?

3. Does GPP really make a difference? Is it really necessary to drag a sled, carry heavy weights etc.?

4. I am trying to gain muscle? Why is it better to train 3 days a week instead of everyday? Won’t I gain faster training everyday?

5. I am trying to lose weight. Isn’t it better ot not really eat anything and train really hard. Won’t this make me lose weight faster?

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

1. Gaining muscle
  2. Losing fat
  3. GPP work
  4. Olympic lifts

Of all the questions that I will keep, 2 peoples will receive a free copy of my new book.[/quote]

Hey CT-I have your first book and I bought your DVD which i find both find excellent and useful as all heck. Who is your target audience for your book?

I enjoy your articles and I have been following westside for 11 years. My best official lifts are 810 534 750 -all done in APF or USPF national meets over the past 5 years-my best total is 2000 lbs.

If I were you-I would adress sitcking points-which I have not heard you talk much about and then I would address what advanced men do_i know your stuff is westside based-but you also use a lot of volume-something the strongest guys in the world don’t really do often-if you follow elite fitness’ website jim wendler wrote a great article recently on mininmalist training-getting the most out of the least work.

I would have one of your super strong trainee or buddies provide you with at least 3 or 6 months of their exact training journal-so people could see how proper strength training is implemented-ala some of the great online strength logs of people like brian siders, trvish mash, brent mikesell, etc. I can’t wait to buy your book and I appreciate your efforts-Paul Leonard

Is it possible for an experienced trainee to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? Without steroids?

CT…I’ve been reading your articles since ironmag times.
Can you include the section of the article “killing the sacred cow”…on how inappropiate modern Olifts are for an athlete and solution?

Personally, I 'd like to see more info specific for an OLifter in you new book…although I’m not sure that that’s the market for your products.

What is the minimum effective volume along the intensity curve to induce hypertrophy?

What affect does unloading have on volume requirements and vice versa, affect of training age on volume requirements?

Most important element to strength gain (same question for hypertrophy)? load, Time under load, volume, rest, diet.

CT - these okay? I would like to know some now, others I researched through T-mag.

Questions:

1. What are some good strength ratios between lifts?

2. Should I train differently if I am built differently? Somatypes etc.

3. How do I know if I have a low work capacity?

4. How can I gain strength without size?

5. How do I know when to take time off from the gym?

6. What’s the best way to teach myself the olympic lifts?

If someone gets injured while following a program, how would someone re-incorporate lifting following a recovery phase to jump right back on track?

This can be prefaced with the usual legal disclaimers and doctor advising, etc.

what kind of pendulum would you use for strongman training? actually would like to see an article from you on strongman training. ct i’ve got your books , dvd and about every article you wrote i love all your stuff , but i haven’t anything on strongman training. anyhow can’t wait for the new book any kind of time table you can give us on when to expect the book?

The most common question among combat athletes: “How do I increase strength without gaining weight?”

Is a total-body training session more effective than splitting the upper and lower body?

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
The most common question among combat athletes: “How do I increase strength without gaining weight?”[/quote]

1. How do you gain strength without gaining a lot of weight or size.

2. Building endurance along with strength.

3. Methods of training for strength and endurance without weights (maybe a few plates or dumbbells, nothing much), exercises beyond average pushups, pullups, etc. How can you develop pullup strength (besides pulldowns or assisted pullups).

I’m thinking these for for fighters and also military trainees who must do a lot of pushups, pullups, and runs. Especially gaining leg strength without having their legs get too big (to keep from chaffing while running).

Where can we get copies of your first two books? They aren’t on amazon.

Guys. Tsk tsk… I’m not a native speaker and all, but last time I checked, this:

“If you have any, send them to me at christianthibaudeau_1@hotmail.com

means: post the questions to my mailbox, not here on the board, and I clearly have a reason for it, or I wouldn’t have given the adress.

CT, many of your programs include (and at times consist entirely of) exotic training methods such as supramaximal eccentrics, weight-releaser training, iso-ballistic training, plyos, depth jumps, and complex training. Do you recommend some or all of these methods to trainees at all different levels of training? How long should one wait and what sort of basic conditioning and strength levels should be in place before an athlete is ready to employ each of these methods?

Thanks for all your interesting contributions to S+C,

Ross Hunt

Sent mine yesterday…to the Hotmail address!

Mufasa

[quote]Imbrondir wrote:
Guys. Tsk tsk… I’m not a native speaker and all, but last time I checked, this:

“If you have any, send them to me at christianthibaudeau_1@hotmail.com

means: post the questions to my mailbox, not here on the board, and I clearly have a reason for it, or I wouldn’t have given the adress. [/quote]

I guess it pays to read in detail and not skim.