T Nation

CT in Bodybuilding Phase?!

hey CT, can you tell me and tell us what are you doing right now in your Bodybuilding/hypertrophy phase ?

would like to know whats your routine right now with a few movement on the olympic lift.

well how do you focus your BB phase..

thanks

[quote]xavier1995 wrote:
hey CT, can you tell me and tell us what are you doing right now in your Bodybuilding/hypertrophy phase ?

would like to know whats your routine right now with a few movement on the olympic lift.

well how do you focus your BB phase…

thanks[/quote]

I’m not really in a bodybuilding phase. What I’m doing is doing a bodybuilding session 4x a week with my friend Nick. Nick has decided to compete in bodybuilding (did one show 3 weeks ago and as another in about 8 weeks0. During that time I decided to train with him to keep him motivated. And it also allows me to build some beach muscles for summer :slight_smile:

But it’s not something I focus on. My main work is still on the Olympic lifts and strength, which are done on separate workout during the day.

Also, since I pretty much do “legs” everyday when I do Olympic lifts (I do snatches, clean & jerks and squats/front squats 6x a week) I do not to legs “bodybuilding style”, I only do bodybuilding for the upper body.

We pretty much use a “Growth Factor” approach. I do 4 days: shoulders, back, chest, arms. I also put Nick through 2 lower body sessions one focusing on hamstrings the other on quads.

cool, and when your using bb like that witch kind of sets your doing ?

[quote]xavier1995 wrote:
cool, and when your using bb like that witch kind of sets your doing ?
[/quote]

CT just said he used Growth Factor workouts, check them out.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]xavier1995 wrote:

thanks[/quote]

I’m not really in a bodybuilding phase. What I’m doing is doing a bodybuilding session 4x a week with my friend Nick. Nick has decided to compete in bodybuilding (did one show 3 weeks ago and as another in about 8 weeks0. During that time I decided to train with him to keep him motivated. And it also allows me to build some beach muscles for summer :slight_smile:

But it’s not something I focus on. My main work is still on the Olympic lifts and strength, which are done on separate workout during the day.

Also, since I pretty much do “legs” everyday when I do Olympic lifts (I do snatches, clean & jerks and squats/front squats 6x a week) I do not to legs “bodybuilding style”, I only do bodybuilding for the upper body.

We pretty much use a “Growth Factor” approach. I do 4 days: shoulders, back, chest, arms. I also put Nick through 2 lower body sessions one focusing on hamstrings the other on quads.[/quote]

Have you noticed a difference in how much size your putting on your upper body compared to your lower? I think I remember you mentioning that overall leg size and power is a strength of yours.

I love training legs for power, very heavy squats and high pulls. All things being equal, I prefer bodybuilding training for my upper body. Unfortunately, I naturally have little chicken legs!

[quote]lotsi81 wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]xavier1995 wrote:

thanks[/quote]

We pretty much use a “Growth Factor” approach. I do 4 days: shoulders, back, chest, arms. I also put Nick through 2 lower body sessions one focusing on hamstrings the other on quads.[/quote]

Have you noticed a difference in how much size your putting on your upper body compared to your lower? I think I remember you mentioning that overall leg size and power is a strength of yours.

I love training legs for power, very heavy squats and high pulls. All things being equal, I prefer bodybuilding training for my upper body. Unfortunately, I naturally have little chicken legs![/quote]

My legs aren’t growing as much from doing strictly performance work as my upper body is from doing a combination of both.

But legs are a natural strong point for me and I am not trying to make them more muscular, just stronger and more powerful.

If I wanted to maximize growth I’d use a combo of performance and bodybuilding work