CT: Double Stimulation Training?

Hi everybody, I apologize for asking here but i’m not allowed to post a comment in the article.
I would like to ask coach CT if he can give some directions for the MAIN WORKOUT in the DST program in terms of exercises, sets, and reps as he did for the pump workout.

For example: PRESSING MOVEMENTS

Bench Press
Push Press
Dips

As far as the ‘pump work’ tooks 15 minutes, how long should it be the ‘main work’? What, are in your opinion the set/reps scheme optimal for muscle groth in this contest?

I suppose that working around 5 to 6/8 reps is the best, so I suppose that 5X5; 6x6; 5x6; 8x8 are good options to go for.

Can you please just give an example of volume, sets and reps CT?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Always interested in you r work and your writings.

M

[quote]menphisdaemon wrote:
Hi everybody, I apologize for asking here but i’m not allowed to post a comment in the article.
I would like to ask coach CT if he can give some directions for the MAIN WORKOUT in the DST program in terms of exercises, sets, and reps as he did for the pump workout.

For example: PRESSING MOVEMENTS

Bench Press
Push Press
Dips

As far as the ‘pump work’ tooks 15 minutes, how long should it be the ‘main work’? What, are in your opinion the set/reps scheme optimal for muscle groth in this contest?

I suppose that working around 5 to 6/8 reps is the best, so I suppose that 5X5; 6x6; 5x6; 8x8 are good options to go for.

Can you please just give an example of volume, sets and reps CT?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Always interested in you r work and your writings.

M[/quote]

Double stimulation works with any program where the main workout is centered around one specific group of muscles or lift (e.g pressing muscles, pulling muscles, legs). There isn’t any specific program to use it with. The feeder workout are there to enhance the effect of the main workout. So regardless of the main workout you select you will see more gains from it both by improving recovery and muscle growth.

I find that it probably works best with programs based on fairly heavy weights (anywhere in the 1 to 8 rep range depending on your goal). It should be centered mostly on big basic lifts.

As for the duration of the main section, it depends. I personally prefer 45-50 minutes but I have a rapid workout pace. For example this morning my main workout lasted only 33 minutes but in that time I did 5 work sets on power snatches and 5 work sets of 6 reps on squats… I used 4-5 warm-up sets for each (I went up to 450 in the squat, and at 7:30 AM I need to wake up my legs, I’m not as young as I once was!).