T Nation

CT At Your Service!

I’m tired of seing my chicken legs, so I’ll use this new thred to field questions instead!!

CT,
I workout in my basement and I don’t have a leg extensions or hamstring curl machine. Any suggestions for replacement movements (regarding your new program)? thanks…mr

What diet did you use to get cut up and how long did you do the diet for?

What program do you recommend for upper body when doing your new “Pillars of Strength” program?

CT,

Do you get your athletes to sleep for 30-45mins post training? If it is possible for them to do so?

Also if those are chicken legs thats one big MFKN chicken!

D

Do you think it is wise to incorporate Olympic lifts into a program such as Total Body Training?

Nevermind, I re-read the article.

[quote]mroussell wrote:

[quote]CT,
I workout in my basement and I don’t have a leg extensions or hamstring curl machine. Any suggestions for replacement movements (regarding your new program)? thanks…mr[/quote]

Not to steal CT’s thunder, but sissy squats would be a great replacement for the former, and natural GHRs or band leg curls would be acceptable for the latter.

[quote]mroussell wrote:
CT,
I workout in my basement and I don’t have a leg extensions or hamstring curl machine. Any suggestions for replacement movements (regarding your new program)? thanks…mr[/quote]

You could buy jumpstretch bands and perform band terminal leg extensions and band leg curls, both are described in Dave Tate’s “tool box” series.

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
What diet did you use to get cut up and how long did you do the diet for? [/quote]

I did post my diet in my picture thread. This was my “base” diet. On some days I would cut the carbs in 1/2 and on others I’d add 50-100g of carbs.

[quote]LarryJr wrote:
What program do you recommend for upper body when doing your new “Pillars of Strength” program?[/quote]

I don’t like to recommend specific programs like “oh, do OVT or do HST man” … it’s not as simple as that. When you are specializing on a certain body area (in this case legs) you want to reduce training volume for the other muscle groups to avoid systemic overtraining. I would recommend either two “whole-upper body” workouts performed at a relatively low volume of work OR working the upper body over two different workouts (in which case you can increase the volume a bit).

CT,

When I first started lifting, I used deadlifts on my back day because that is what Franco Columbo’s program recommended. Now I know techincally they are a hip dominant exercise, but I have always noticed tremendous improvement in my entire posterior chain, especially my back. Would there be any problem using them on back day so as to be able to include both squats and deads within a training week? Thanx

CT just to let you know I took third this weekend at my show. Anyway I have six weeks until my next show and was thinking about taking on the easterneuropean workout you posted. I did legs twice today and loved the split. What is your thoughts on doing this workout six weeks out and if I do this workout I was wondering what kind of diet I should be on .

Should I Surge after both workouts? Should I have some preworkout carbs ? I want to try and keep carbs low being six weeks out. Any thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have two more clients so i wont bve able to read this til later tonight but am looking forward to some feedback. Thanks again.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
HouseOfAtlas wrote:
What diet did you use to get cut up and how long did you do the diet for?

I did post my diet in my picture thread. This was my “base” diet. On some days I would cut the carbs in 1/2 and on others I’d add 50-100g of carbs.[/quote]

Sorry, I was envying your legs so much, I didn’t read :slight_smile: LOL

I’ll go back and read it :slight_smile:

[quote]deadly69 wrote:
CT,

Do you get your athletes to sleep for 30-45mins post training? If it is possible for them to do so?

D[/quote]

I personally do, but I can’t control my athletes 24/7! Some might, but I doubt that it’s a regular thing.

[quote]sully’s wrote:
Do you think it is wise to incorporate Olympic lifts into a program such as Total Body Training?[/quote]

It would probably be best to ask CW as it’s his program and he knows its intricacies better than I do.

With my athletes I use a 3x per week whole body approach and we use some olympic lifting 1-3 times per week depending on the training phase.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
HouseOfAtlas wrote:
What diet did you use to get cut up and how long did you do the diet for?

I did post my diet in my picture thread. This was my “base” diet. On some days I would cut the carbs in 1/2 and on others I’d add 50-100g of carbs.[/quote]

I was envying your legs so much, I didn’t read the article :frowning: LOL

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Have you ever used detoxification and have you seen improvements from the results?

[quote]cccsouthpaw20 wrote:
CT,

When I first started lifting, I used deadlifts on my back day because that is what Franco Columbo’s program recommended. Now I know techincally they are a hip dominant exercise, but I have always noticed tremendous improvement in my entire posterior chain, especially my back. Would there be any problem using them on back day so as to be able to include both squats and deads within a training week? Thanx[/quote]

No problem at all, as long as your back day is at least 72 hours away from your lower body day.

I train mostly for strength. Although i like to gain size and look good as well. I use a modified westside template. Could i incorporate the isolation rest pause after a heavy workout, for upper and lower body?
Would this help add some size in more specific area’s like the chest and quads than just overall size?