T Nation

CSI Tonight (April 14th)

So Im taking a break from cramming for exams and I watch some mindless tv. CSI is on… anyone else see it tonight. They had a bodybuilding star on it tonight that was killed… okay whatever but the worst was the stuff they added to it. To protect this thread from being really long I will list how much BULLSHIT they put it the show.

1. Supporting one stereotype the guy was gay… not that im against anyone being gay but it wasnt related to the story at all they just threw it in there.

2)This so called bodybuilder had an average joe’s build which wouldnt be a problem if not for point #3

3)Whats a show on tv menchioning bodybuilding without steroids right?? Well of course hes on steroids which he conveniently stores in his bedside table in one of the drawers in plain sight preloaded and ready to go!

4)Guess why this guy died… wait for it… a common mold in his house ran rampant and since he was such a juicer eye roll his immune system was unable to fight the bacteria. Now correct me if im wrong but dont steroids ramp up your immune system?

5)He was also suffering from of course heart and liver disease as well as testicular atrophy.

6)To top off the media mainstream save the children/Baseball players theme the guy killed some chick he was hooking up with because he couldnt get it up (due to steroid use) okay they said he was using deca so okay but why did he kill the girl… ROID RAGE of course he lost it when she mentioned his lack of hardness and shot her.

Okay sorry for the rant just tired of the mainstream steroids = evil thing going on and now a whole new mass of people are exposed to bullshit myths.

lol that is hilarious.

you can tell that show is ridiculous just after watching 2 minutes of it.

p.s. if you like crime stuff watch ‘the first 48’ on a+e. it’s good reality tv.

I usually like the original CSI on Thursday night compared to the spin-offs. They usually try to stick to the science pretty well.

Last night they sucked.

The above mentioned screw ups with the body builder and a lot of negative comments pertaining narcissism, ego problems, and he might be gay because he didn’t jump at the chance to bang this little dolly he was training.

They also showed a 9mm full metal jacketed (FMJ) non-hollow point bullet lodged just barely on a 2 x 4 after going through the hooker and a single layer of drywall. This 9mm bullet was supposed to carry enough human tissue and blood to cause a mold overgrowth. There is no way for this to be right.

First full metal jackets would have deposited what tissue it had on the drywall as it passed through. The drywall would have wiped the nose and the sides of the bullet clean only leaving traces of blood or tissue.

Secondly, this leaves only the posterior of the bullet to carry tissue and blood. What it could carry would be small and only 9mm or 0.35 of an inch in diameter, and not enough to create an entire house full of mold no matter how much moisture there was. This mold was supposed to live off the human tissue. 9mm’s in diameter will not create enough surface area to cause that much mold.

Third and last, if this was a full power 9mm round it should have gone through the hooker and through at least that section of the wall. The standard full power 9mm in 115 to 124 grain full metal jacket will go through 21 pieces of 1/2 inch drywall before stopping. It will also traverse around 18+ inches of ballistic gelatin. Ballistic gelatin is constituted to represent muscle tissue not fat. Not to many women have a thick muscular chest that would measure 18 inches deep. So to fire a 9mm FMJ through a female and have it lodge into a wall like that is wrong. The bullet should have gone through the wall with the leaky pipe and buried itself in another location.

I really hate it when hollyweird cant get ballistics even closely right when it’s just simple physics.

[quote]Chewman wrote:
I really hate it when hollyweird cant get ballistics even closely right when it’s just simple physics.[/quote]

My favorite was the episode of CSI Miami where the hurricane picked up a bullet lying on the ground and then threw it through the window and directly into a woman’s heart. I mean, come ON. They’re reaching.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
Chewman wrote:
I really hate it when hollyweird cant get ballistics even closely right when it’s just simple physics.

My favorite was the episode of CSI Miami where the hurricane picked up a bullet lying on the ground and then threw it through the window and directly into a woman’s heart. I mean, come ON. They’re reaching.
[/quote]

I find the CSI Miami to stretch science and especially ballistics way to far. I also think the leading character needs to be in the “celebrities who make you puke” thread. He doesnt pull off the tough guy very well.

The CSI NY doesnt do anything for me either. It’s too dark, the characters dont seem to blend well, dialog seems forced and dry. I keep waiting to see Batman on a rooftop.

If all you guys do is sit around and bitch about these shows then why do you watch them? Do something productive instead.

Shows are meant to be bitched about. Especially CSI.

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
If all you guys do is sit around and bitch about these shows then why do you watch them? Do something productive instead.[/quote]

I was laughing my ass off when i saw that episode. I knew I would see something about it on this site. Completely blown out of proportion.

I saw that and I was considering posting a thread on it, then reconsidered – too much bullshit for me to wrap my head around. Jeez.