CSCS Testing

Hey Guys,
I am currently entering my last semester of college and getting ready for my CSCS test. What I was wondering, is should I concentrate on certain area’s and what area’s would I be most suprised by. One person told me that the most confusing part of the test is the fact that there are questions on machine maitainence.

If anyone has taken the test, I would appreciate any information on the topic.

Devin

[quote]bigdev121 wrote:
Hey Guys,
I am currently entering my last semester of college and getting ready for my CSCS test. What I was wondering, is should I concentrate on certain area’s and what area’s would I be most suprised by. One person told me that the most confusing part of the test is the fact that there are questions on machine maitainence.

If anyone has taken the test, I would appreciate any information on the topic.

Devin[/quote]

The ENTIRE TEST is hard. That’s why so few people have their C.S.C.S.

Use Essentials of Strength and Conditioning as your study guide.

Hey there I just took the CSCS test and passed. My major was Ex. Phys. and that pretty much prepared me for the Exercise Sciences part of the test. The Applied part I had a little more trouble with in that it was very specific about certain parts of drills, i.e. sled dragging sprints and stuff like that.

The hard part about the questions is that if you are unfamilar with the drill they question you on common sense wont really lead you in the right direction because all the answers are plausible.

I have the Book and I skimmed through a chapter a night. I ended up with a 91 on the Exercise Sciences and a 82 on the applied part, Im not sure but there were some drills that I dont remember seeing in the book. You might have to buy the videos if you want to nail all the applied stuff. But the lifts are pretty common sense, and the machine maintenance stuff is def common sense…

I’m currently getting my Masters at Uconn in Exercise Science and I took the CSCS over a year ago now. Everything is pretty much out of Essentials text so skim through the important stuff like Shadowzz said. The video portion gave a lot of people trouble because it can get very confusing when seeing the movement very quickly.

They have practice tests online that can help with the video portion and also some of the questions were the same on the test and the quiz. One of the video questions was as simple as the proper form on the upright row but it can be as complicated as speed drills which can get tricky.

There are some things that I disagreed with on the test but you have to answer according to the text and not your own opinion, so stick to the book and you’ll be fine. Definitely don’t worry about the maintanence stuff because that is the easiest part.

I appreciate all the information. I am also an exercise phys. major and in my senior year so I wasn’t to worried about the functional anatomy and physiology part. I am going to concentrate a lot more on the drills and read over the Essentials Text again. Thanks again!

Devin