CS: EDT Variant

Hi Charles,
Is it possible, or rather is it at all beneficial to use an EDT cycle with lighter weights for higher reps? For example using a 15rm for sets of 8. My thinking is that perhaps you can gains of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy as well as contractile hypertrophy by cycling in a higher rep/lighter 1RM from time to time. Of course I’m then wondering if the rest periods alone, being so compressed, would provide for the vasculrity and sacroplasmic growth usually associated with higher reps such as CW’s 100 rep program. Your thoughts?

Disc Hoss

Sure. If for no other reason, greater training diversity allows for greater volumes and frequencies. So by all means.

[quote]Disc Hoss wrote:
Hi Charles,
Is it possible, or rather is it at all beneficial to use an EDT cycle with lighter weights for higher reps? For example using a 15rm for sets of 8. My thinking is that perhaps you can gains of sarcoplasmic hypertrophy as well as contractile hypertrophy by cycling in a higher rep/lighter 1RM from time to time. Of course I’m then wondering if the rest periods alone, being so compressed, would provide for the vasculrity and sacroplasmic growth usually associated with higher reps such as CW’s 100 rep program. Your thoughts?

Disc Hoss [/quote]

Hey, I was wondering if it would be wise to start your total body EDT program that you posted on here right after i finish the velocity diet. Thanks

Charles. If I wanted to specialize on delts and back, could I potentially do these 3 x per week with a single PR zone of 15 (or perhaps 20) minutes to get a greater anabolic stimulus. I’m wondering about the benefits of using EDT as frequently as possible while maintaining the best/least necessary volume to accomodate.

In case you can’t tell, I’m a big fan of CW and yourself, and am trying to marry your outstanding EDT concepts into a workable scenario based on CW’s high frequency and conjugate periodization. Can such a concoction exist?

DH