Cryptocurrencies

I can’t believe people take this guy seriously.

1 Like

Coin worth looking into is DBC. looks to me like cream of the crop of current Chinese ‘shitcoins’.

Solid team behind it with Microsoft connections and something to be announced with NEO in the coming days so expecting solid returns.

Disclaimer I have 20% of my crypto money in it now.

1 Like

Good time to buy some dogecoin before the evening spike from the after work traders.

1 Like

Update on DBC, up to $0.6. Pretty happy considering I bought at $0.30. Cant see it not hitting first hurdle of the magic $1 this week.

2 Likes

Man, I’ve been bleeding today. Moved everything over to Ether about an hour ago. Not soon enough though.

Wow ETH. Wow.

ETH went into honey badger mode again lol

I think this was mentioned earlier, but I can’t find it…

Where are you doing your research?

What exchanges are you guys using? Coinbase, Kraken, multiple, etc…?

Interwebz. Reading white papers, following people who are credible developers.

Coinbase won’t get you far. You start there, then move it to another exchange. I use Bittrex.

1 Like

Where on the interwebz? I mean, how do you decipher what’s credible and not credible or is that just part of it? Is there a specific place you get the white papers or do you just google “new cryptocurrency white paper” and go from there?

They tend to leave clues. We’ve also stated about a dozen coins, which is a good place to start. For example, I really love Sia Coin, $SC.X. Google it, read the paper. We’ve also talked about XLM, ADA, XRP, DGB, DOGE, NXT, XMR, XVG, FUN, FAIR, RDD, etc. Some of the ones in there I wouldn’t throw a penny at, but as you start researching you’ll find more and more.

General note: if you read a white paper and it says we will be the best currency for these reasons ______. It’s probably a joke. We can’t have 1,000 currencies. They should probably offer some form of value aside from their 100 trillion market cap, 1 second speed, 100TB block size, proof of work/state/etc, lol!

2 Likes

Bittrex and Binance are good.

Gate.io will often list coins before they appear on other exchanges if you find one you like that isnt on a major exchange yet.

1 Like

Thanks, that helps a lot!

IIRC, Bittrex and Binance are cleaning up their exchanges and removing coins that are less than a few pennies.

Just read, really.

Also, for the love of god, do not freak out when things aren’t moving but other coins are, and 150% up today, means 60% down tomorrow, followed by another 10% drop. It’s a constant 10 steps forward, ___ steps back type of game.

2 Likes

Thanks, I hear ya. I doubt I’ll be sinking any money into any currencies anytime soon. I just don’t have a good enough grasp on the technology and the I know fuck all about the coins themselves.

You’re in the same boat as about 80% of the people who are investing in them anyway.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this right here, for ya.

EDT: the kid might be Duke. Lmao

I’m not a tech guy either. Creating an email account gives me a headache lol. But it doesn’t matter.

In the past, bitcoin, i.e, blockchain technology, was groundbreaking. Ethereum was a second generation blockchain tech that let you build applications and stuff(see Crypto Kitties) on it. Speculation on different cryptos was based on how the tech improved and differentiated themselves from one another.

We are past that. Unless we have something uber groundbreaking emerge, investment has to be approached from a business angle instead of a tech one. We want to be looking at their team and individual portfolios, business plan, positioning, marketing, business development, scalability, etc.

NOTE:

When you see us post certain articles about airdrops, upgrades and stuff, these are meant for quick short term trades because the price of whatever coin will most likely surge temporarily.

1 Like

Oh, and I use the poloniex exchange.

1 Like

This may be a dumb question… You have to start with coinbase, correct? Just looking at the poloniex exchange, it looks like you trade BTC for all of the other currencies. Is that how all of the other exchanges are or am I missing something?