Crying Virgin Mary Statue

I should know better than to joke about this stuff, but I am a dumbass at heart.

I think Catholics tend to discover all these oddities because the are generally poorer and less educated (on a global scale) than the average Protestant.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I think Catholics tend to discover all these oddities because the are generally poorer and less educated (on a global scale) than the average Protestant.[/quote]

It never ceases to amaze me that I continue to read more and more idiotic posts every week. Congratulations, this is now the most idiotic post I’ve read this week.

to me this could be real, around here we have jonbennet ramseys headstone that is a virgin mary (or an angel, i dont remember) that crys when you stand in front of it at night. but we dont call it a miracle just, haunted.

[quote]randman wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
I think Catholics tend to discover all these oddities because the are generally poorer and less educated (on a global scale) than the average Protestant.

It never ceases to amaze me that I continue to read more and more idiotic posts every week. Congratulations, this is now the most idiotic post I’ve read this week.[/quote]

He said on a global scale. That would include all of the poor Catholics in the third world shitholes. There aren’t that many Methodists in Mexico. Do you really think his statement is wrong?

[quote]randman wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me that I continue to read more and more idiotic posts every week. Congratulations, this is now the most idiotic post I’ve read this week.[/quote]

You are right, Catholics in South America and Africa are easily as well educated and prosperous Protestants in Europe and America.

It is my understanding that there are very few Protestants relative to Catholics in third world countries. Perhaps you know something I don’t?

I don’t see what’s so miraculous. Don’t most virgins cry and bleed?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
randman wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me that I continue to read more and more idiotic posts every week. Congratulations, this is now the most idiotic post I’ve read this week.

You are right, Catholics in South America and Africa are easily as well educated and prosperous Protestants in Europe and America.

It is my understanding that there are very few Protestants relative to Catholics in third world countries. Perhaps you know something I don’t?[/quote]

Yeah, I’m intelligent and prosperous and I wouldn’t characterize all miracles as oddities. Is this a miracle? Probably not since there is a large chance it could have been fixed. Do I believe that miracles have occurred that can not be explained? Yes.

This is an extremely anti-religious thread so I’m not gone waste any more breath on it. Trying to convince a nonbeliever that miracles can and do happen is like trying to convince a blind person that your actually not just a single-celled organism incapable of higher thought processes…its just not going to happen.

BUT…for you to describe every potential miracle as an oddity because they are witnessed by poor and uneducated Catholics, well that just gets my blood boiling. I guess that makes me poor and uneducated as well. Nuck Fut.

[quote]futuredave wrote:
I don’t see what’s so miraculous. Don’t most virgins bleed?[/quote]

Ha ha ha, yeah, they do, lol!

hey,

why don’t we just go and start the inquisition again?

Far be it from me to attempt to be a voice of reason here,
but I think we’ve all read enough of Zap’s posts to see the intent. And randman, I’ve read enough of yours to know that some cynical/antagonistic in a fun way, blood surely goes through you.

Come on here.
Take it for what it’s worth

[quote]futuredave wrote:
I don’t see what’s so miraculous. Don’t most virgins cry and bleed?[/quote]

Yep, you’re going to Hell for that one.

Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese.

[quote]Rex30 wrote:
What is it about Catholicism that make people need these cheap tawdry “miracles” so much? Why don’t Lutherans ever see the face of Jesus in the front on their car windshield or something?

Anyhoo, every single one of these weeping statue/congealing and solidifying saint’s blood/Virgin Mary appearing in the skidmark in your underwear type things that has been investigated has been proven to be a hoax, or like the grilled cheese sandwich, simple coincidence.

I once bought a box of chocolate macaroons, and one of them was shaped exactly like a penis. Obviously a divine manifestation.[/quote]

Catholics are much more obsessed with symbolism, icons and rituals. Bishops and popes, rosary beads, the cult of Mary, holy water, confession, a saint for practically everything, mass, praying to ikons, etc. Watch the exorcist some time; it’s so catholic it’s scary.

[quote]Rex30 wrote:
What is it about Catholicism that make people need these cheap tawdry “miracles” so much? Why don’t Lutherans ever see the face of Jesus in the front on their car windshield or something?

I’ll go one further. How come all these exorcism’s occur at churches in third world nations or in some small ‘Billy Bob’ church in Arkansas?