Crying and fears

When I was in my 20s and early 30s I never cried. I was either on an even keel or pissed off. Anger is an easy emotion to resort to, you don’t really feel pain, you want to cause pain instead. If you hold your emotions at bay it easier in a way, but you also don’t quite get all the colors in the crayon box when it comes to joy either. I eventually came around to living my life all the way. I drink full flavored beer, not piss water. I like my whiskey straight so I can taste it fully. I train hard to get the full benefit of my time in the gym. I let myself feel what’s there, all of it good and bad. It works for me.

I cried quite a bit in my early 20’s because of things to other humans that I had to do. Then I stopped completely until about 4 years ago when my sister died. I seem to be more emotional since then and even a real heart rendering documentary on TV can bring water to my eyes but not the uncontrollable crying I had experienced many years ago. I think that was more due to being on the brink of totally losing it and not normal emotions.

I dug out an old Frank Zappa/Steve Vai mixed CD & remembered that I put a clip of FZ talking called ‘On Women’. I got it off Morpheus a year & a half ago or something. That will make anyone cry. :slight_smile:

Axy, i thought about that song “one” by Metallica at work today and i just could not imagine laying in a bed with no eyes, no legs, arms, speech, hearing. Just your brain. I’d rather die by torture than experience that. Deep down i think that would be everyone’s biggest fear.

I shed a tear at the end of Vanilla Sky. Other then that just mist maybe twice a year.

ok since everyone is sharing… The last time I cried was before my parents split up, and shortly before I moved out on my own since then I’ve never cried (that was around the age of 18). Something about being responsible for your own self, for your own mistakes, taking care of yourself by yourself that just speaks to me: hey its your fault, learn from it and get better, no sense of getting pissed about it. Basically I’ve stopped crying once I became an adult. Before that I felt like I didn’t have much control over my life due to parental inflouence and what not, plus they hated eachother more then they loved me. As for my biggest fear… it is of my wife (gotta get married first tho, hah gotta go on a date first) or my kids getting violated and me not being able to do anything about it either to prevent it or to exact justice.

I have an intense dilike for bugs of all kinds. I cheer when my lizard wolfs down his crickets! However, I hate spiders of all kinds. I’m not phobic, they don’t make me pass out from fear or anything, I just can’t stand to have them anywhere around me. And, that is every spider from the little teeny tiny red ones to the giant hairy tarantula. I have been known to scram just like a little girl when one surpirses me… just don’t tell anyone, ok? grin

Last time I cried was when my uncle died last year. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m relatively sure he was lost. As far as fear, I too have a strong dislike for spiders. Not a real fear, but I get an awful lot of satisfaction from killing those suckers. My biggest fear is the thought of my wife or kids dying before me. That would suck, as my life completely revolves around them.

The last time I cried was at my father’s funeral a couple of years ago. My mother passed away about a year and a half before my Dad, so this made his funeral even more emotional for me. Now, if you’re asking about tears of laughter, it has to be the Grow Bar thread of last week. I still get the giggles just thinking about it.

In regards to fears, I have a fear of drowning. I don’t know why since I enjoy the water and water sports. Oh, I am afraid of spiders, too. The ones I can see and kill bother me, but not as much as the ones that can creep under my bedcovers and get me. We always have spiders in the house (product of where we live) no matter how much I clean, etc. The problem is a lot of them are Black Widow or Brown Recluse spiders. I get the shivers just thinking about it. Next subject, please.