Cry of the Wannabee

Want to be a lifter curious only.
Some of the people visiting this site (a small minority) seem clueless about what lifting is about. It’s a lifestyle, the rubber has to hit the pavement eventually.

Pick a training philosophy and go for it. For most beginners 40 minutes a day even 20 minutes just get started.
And by the way do you own a set of weights? No excuses- before work ,during work, does your company have a gym? And while I am rolling that includes an eating philosophy. Can you go for the steam chicken at the buffet along with egg whites while everyone else is throwing down pizza and bread pudding?

What about vacations? Do you get up a little early and do a full body workout before the two day trip? Upon arriving at hotel plan your work outs. For example wall squats and sprints on the beach. People of all ages can live this life.
That will conclude this evenings rant.
Later

Well stated X2.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Well stated X2.[/quote]

x3

I’d work out more, man, but I get too big…

[quote]skidmark wrote:
I’d work out more, man, but I get too big…[/quote]

Your avatar frightens me.

And I just want to tone, because men don’t like women with muscles, they’re too icky.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
skidmark wrote:

And I just want to tone, because men don’t like women with muscles, they’re too icky.

[/quote]

its like that rabbit from Donny Darko.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
skidmark wrote:

its like that rabbit from Donny Darko.[/quote]

Wake up!!

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
skidmark wrote:

[/quote]

Word up!

Wait…I like muscley women…

Nice rant but you’re kinda preaching to the choir here. I’ve found most people visiting/participating in this forum have decided to commit to something and are either looking for support or advise. As for other sections of this site it sometimes really makes me worry about the gene pool.

hel320

I hear you-would have posted in bb site except,I was looking for a more mellow audience. The preaching was directed at the casual visitors to the site. What I was driving at was for the curious, maybe I want to be a lifter was-that it’a life style.

That it would be better to do 20 minutes it the morning in a commited way,than a three week stretch ,then nothing for 6 weeks ,then start over again. And just a curious point how many people at this site actually had to ask some one- how do I lift weights?

I mean I see a post like hello I’m 40 years old,my friends lift weights tell me how to get started. Yes most of the people here have the passion-that’s one thing you can not teach.

[quote]daudowen wrote:
hel320
I hear you-would have posted in bb site except,I was looking for a more mellow audience. The preaching was directed at the casual visitors to the site. What I was driving at was for the curious, maybe I want to be a lifter was-that it’a life style.

That it would be better to do 20 minutes it the morning in a commited way,than a three week stretch ,then nothing for 6 weeks ,then start over again. And just a curious point how many people at this site actually had to ask some one- how do I lift weights?

I mean I see a post like hello I’m 40 years old,my friends lift weights tell me how to get started. Yes most of the people here have the passion-that’s one thing you can not teach.
[/quote]

This place has been my main feedback on how to lift but I suspect that all of us here are in the very small minority of the population that lifts.

soldog
I agree this site is definitely top shelve.

Cry of the wannabe:

“…ButIcaaa-aaaan’t”

skidmark
exactly-I explain to a person just start with 20 push ups in the morning-along with crunches. You can do this with morning coffee -and then the glazed look over their eyes.

Here at the internet crossroads our journeys converge. Our mutual desire to seek and share all knowlegde. Pertaining to the improvement of the human body with the use of Iron.

Our passions are different. Our desires are the same. To be better tomorrow than we are today. Bigger, stronger, faster and way better looking than those that don’t. Our way is a win, win.

Becoming rich is not in your control. Being extremely healthy is. One will most likely take years off your life. The other will add years to your life. Problem with being rich is you usually end up leaving it to someone. Good thing about being healthy and living long is that you may be the one they leave it to.

Personally I enjoy the amazing benifits of this life style. The alternative is so unappealing it’s repulsive.

streamline
well put
A healthy body-the government can’t tax it and not for sale in a bottle.
And speaking of the alternative-I keep visualizing gastric by pass patients in the operating room(God bless them) and the sounds of adipose tissue as it hits the trash can. Perverse I know can’t get the thought out of my head.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Cry of the wannabe:

“…ButIcaaa-aaaan’t”[/quote]

Or " I don’t waaaanna!!"

I mentioned this in another forum, but hard work and dedication to lifting are misunderstood by the majority of the population. I’ve seen people start and stop then start all over again and give it up for good. That doesn’t bother me. What does grind my gears are those people who want results, but resort to shortcuts and wishful thinking, and blame somebody or something for their inability to achieve their goal.

There is a rule called the 6 W’s that I learned from my field hockey coach way back in 1975. I also beat it into my own children (in a constructive way, of course!)

“Work will win, while wishing won’t”.

Simple to remember, no excuses.

Your avatar gave me nightmares last night. I wanted you to know!!

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Cry of the wannabe:

“…ButIcaaa-aaaan’t”

Or " I don’t waaaanna!!"

I mentioned this in another forum, but hard work and dedication to lifting are misunderstood by the majority of the population. I’ve seen people start and stop then start all over again and give it up for good. That doesn’t bother me. What does grind my gears are those people who want results, but resort to shortcuts and wishful thinking, and blame somebody or something for their inability to achieve their goal.

There is a rule called the 6 W’s that I learned from my field hockey coach way back in 1975. I also beat it into my own children (in a constructive way, of course!)

“Work will win, while wishing won’t”.

Simple to remember, no excuses.

Your avatar gave me nightmares last night. I wanted you to know!!
[/quote]

That means my plan is working…