T Nation

Crunch Time Fat Loss

First time poster. Ive lurked this website for a long time and finally decided to become a member. I lifted all 4 yrs of high school for football. Got pretty strong, power cleaned 300 lbs at 175 lbs.(very lean im 5’11) Quit for 2 years. Have lifted for the past year, made it to 215 from a soft 190. Beat all my h.s. PR’s. Got some good pec-delt stretch marks. I’m estimating that I was 15% bf. I herniated 2 disks in my neck two months ago, couldnt lift.

Lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Mostly muscle im guessing. Been back at it for two weeks. Im eating 250 P 80 F and 50 C a day. I lift everyday but tues and thurs. Treadmill 30 min 5 x week. Neways i look and feel(bout how i look) like crap. My muscles seem deflated, i went from benching 275x5 to 275x1. Long-term I want to be 205 at 8%.(supp to be my genetic potential). Im trying to get down to 10% and hold it for the summer and then re-bulk in the fall. Ive never cut before. I want to get it over with asap. Id rather be small and weak than fat and weak.

Currently im 196 lbs. Ive read so many different takes on cutting. Can some of you natural veterans give me some pointers on how to get down to 180-5 as fast as humanly possible w/o losing a lot of muscle. spring break is 3 weeks away

You want to go from 196 to 180 in three weeks without losing muscle?

Hell man, the only thing I can think of that would even get you close to those kind of results is the V-Diet…

Still crazy unrealistic though…

Edit: actually, not eating is probably the only real way to drop 16 pounds in 3 weeks.

Eat more, don’t become carbophobic, just keep them clean. With that many days lifting plus cardio, there is no need to drop your calories that low. Cut out some of the treadmill work and make one of your lifting days a complex.

The complexes increased my metabolism like crazy and with increased calories I become more dense, while losing some fat. Granted I’m not the biggest guy, but take it for what it’s worth.

-Mugatu

not 196 to 180 in 3 weeks, i know thats not happening. i just want to lose as much as possible by then, and then continue on until i hit 10%. i just want to get there as fast as possible no matter the price, so long as its not muscle.

If I REALLY wanted to lose weight fast, I’d give the V-Diet a try for a month.

Id say use the g-flux principles. Eat more,and gradually increase your calories as you build more muscle, but make sure your in about a 500 calorie hole and increase your exercise amount.

I started dieting about 6 weeks ago at ~197 lbs and BF% between 18-22%. Today, I’m at ~179 lbs, and my BF% probably around 14% (BF%s are estimates, but my waist measurement went from 37.5" to 33.5" in that time period).

I did the V-Diet my first week, failed, and then moved on to Lyle McDonald’s Rapid Fat Loss diet. Seeing that you’re used to low-carb diets, this shouldn’t be too difficult for you. If you’re <15% BF, you can do the diet in 2 weeks.

My results were probably a combination of me having a lot of fat to lose, staying away from refeeds for a couple of weeks, and keeping my training as intense as possible. I’ve gotten used to the low-cal/low-carbs now, and my lifts are getting stronger and stronger every day.

I’m not going to post any links, but do a quick search on Lyle, and you should easily find it. There are also a few threads on T-Nation about the diet.

Good luck!

P.S. I also did this diet to get ready for spring break, but I cannot wait to start eating big afterwards.

The V-Diet would do some damage for sure. You could probably get close to 185 in 3 weeks on it, if you jumped on it now, and really got after it. If thats to drastic (which Ive done it, and it is drastic) you can try carb cycling, which is my normal go-to when I need to shed some pounds.

Another unreal thread in the Bodybuilding Training forum. A 196 lber needs to cut as fast as humanly possible, because God forbid he get his diet and training in check a few months before the all-important spring break trip - no sir, he needs to bring out the hawt abzz in 3 friggin’ weeks.

Look dude, I’ll be charitable and answer your question: protein-sparing modified fast. Google it. That will be the “fastest” way to lose fat while preserving muscle.

and thank you to those of you who gave advice. after reading everything i could yesterday on psmf im going to modify my macro-nutrient ratios and cut back my training volume.

PS just curious, to anyone on here who COMPETES natural at ~200lb, what is ur waist measurment?

[quote]dangerfield wrote:
and thank you to those of you who gave advice. after reading everything i could yesterday on psmf im going to modify my macro-nutrient ratios and cut back my training volume.

PS just curious, to anyone on here who COMPETES natural at ~200lb, what is ur waist measurment? [/quote]

do you have any pics to go with your estats?

You’re not going to be able to maintain that sort of training volume with that few calories and no carbs. The Rapid Fat loss training plan (and I believe your calories approximate it) only calls for weights 2x a week and hardly any cardio at all.

You could add carbs in pre/post workout, or do weekly refeeds, if you still wanted to train as much.

Actually, that fact that you’re still keeping the weight on the bar, and just losing reps, is pretty good considering that your muscles are probably completely empty of glycogen. That’s why your muscles look flat btw.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
I started dieting about 6 weeks ago at ~197 lbs and BF% between 18-22%. Today, I’m at ~179 lbs, and my BF% probably around 14% (BF%s are estimates, but my waist measurement went from 37.5" to 33.5" in that time period).

I did the V-Diet my first week, failed, and then moved on to Lyle McDonald’s Rapid Fat Loss diet. Seeing that you’re used to low-carb diets, this shouldn’t be too difficult for you. If you’re <15% BF, you can do the diet in 2 weeks.

My results were probably a combination of me having a lot of fat to lose, staying away from refeeds for a couple of weeks, and keeping my training as intense as possible. I’ve gotten used to the low-cal/low-carbs now, and my lifts are getting stronger and stronger every day.

I’m not going to post any links, but do a quick search on Lyle, and you should easily find it. There are also a few threads on T-Nation about the diet.

Good luck!

P.S. I also did this diet to get ready for spring break, but I cannot wait to start eating big afterwards.[/quote]

how did you like the diet ? I have the book,and a few others from him…did you follow it exact ?
how was training energy ?