CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON

A bit off from the norm but has anyone seen this movie yet? I know it is in limited release in the United States but I went and saw it the other day. The martial arts/fight scenes BLEW ME AWAY!!! I thought it was one of the best movies that I have seen in some time. If anyone else has seen or heard of it let us know what you think. Definitely a T-Man top ten movie in my book.

I saw it, and it blew my fucking mind. I absolutely couldn’t believe the fight scenes. I thought Jet Li was pretty cool, but this was amazing.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is a very deep, twisted movie with great martial arts. If you liked the fighting parts, I strongly suggest you buy or rent those movies: Jackie Chan’s Drunken Master (1978), Jackie Chan’s Drunken Master 2 (1994, released in the USA under Legend of the Drunken Master this year), Jet Li’s Fong Sai Yuk (early 1990’s), Jackie Chan’s Fearless Hyenna (1979). Those are much better martial arts movies. But CTHD is a better artistic movie.

A very good movie, I really enjoyed it myself! The fight scenes were very entertaining and it not only managed to have a plot but was VERY well balanced between story and action. Andre and Doug, I can’t believe that you wouldn’t mention Jet Li’s Fists of Legend. That one in my opinion is his best. If you haven’t already you MUST CHECK IT OUT!!!

Fist of Legend… yeah! But I prefer the more old fashion kung fu movies with traditionnal clothes and hairdos, you know… But Fist of Legend is a very great movie. Actually, I have a great time watching 70’s flicks with Jackie Chan like Spiritual Kung Fu, Shaolin Wooden Men, Fearless Hyena, Drunken Master, Young Master, Half a loaf of kung fu, etc… very funny, superb martial arts skills and stories that make you smile :wink:

Yeah! :] Gotta love em, some really great movies in the genre!! I am especially fond of Jackie and Sammo. Very entertaining!!!

When is this movie expected to go into wide release? I thought it already would have. I saw the trailer for it months ago and nobody I mention it to has any idea what I’m talking about. I’m dying to see it. I heard Roger Ebert say it was the best martial arts movie he’s ever seen. He also said that the majority of the stunts were shot live and not computer-enhanced as he first thought.