T Nation

CrossFit Peri Nutrition

Hi Coach Thibaudeau. I have a CrossFit competition coming up this weekend in Saint John. There will be 2 WOD's, 15 minutes long, mostly metabolic based, no max weights. A 3rd WOD if I make to the finals @ 4pm. What would be your recommendation for fueling for max performance. I have Plazma rdls, Surge Workout Fuel and Indigo. Thanks for your time.

What is the competition schedule?

Sorry I forgot to post that. My first WOD is at 11am, the next one is at 2pm. If I make the finals @ 4pm.

[quote]bradmacmillan wrote:
Sorry I forgot to post that. My first WOD is at 11am, the next one is at 2pm. If I make the finals @ 4pm.[/quote]

9:00 - 8 capsules INDIGO
9:30 - SURGE WORKOUT FUEL 1 dose
10:30 - PLAZMA 2 doses
11:00 - WOD
11:15 - SURGE WORKOUT FUEL 1 dose

12:30 - SURGE WORKOUT FUEL 1 dose
13:30 - PLAZMA 1 dose
14:00 - WOD
14:15 - SURGE WORKOUT FUEL 1 dose

if you qualify for the finals simply drink some PLAZMA 30 minutes prior to the last WOD

Thanks Coach.

I’m just curious. What would the above schedule would look like if one did not have Surge workout fuel; just PLAZMA and Indigo?

Thanks Coach, I did the protocol you suggested. It worked great. I finished 5th in the Masters division. I felt great during the WODS. 3 WODS in total for me.

[quote]bradmacmillan wrote:
Thanks Coach, I did the protocol you suggested. It worked great. I finished 5th in the Masters division. I felt great during the WODS. 3 WODS in total for me.[/quote]

The hardest is not so much the 3 WODs, but the fact that you actually rest between WODs and then have to restart the engine. My wife and I did a 24-hours Crossfit marathon in which we had to complete 24 WODs (one per hour) in teams of 4 (6 WODs each), and the almost 4 hours wait between WODs was the worse… I think that doing all 6 in a row would have been easier!

So true…This is my 5th competition in the past 3 months and in each one, there was some big gaps in the start times. In this one, WOD #1 @ 11am, Wod#2 @ 2pm and Wod #3 @ 3:45pm. I think that the plazma is going to shine in my recovery. I feel pretty good tonight.