Crossfit on Overdrive

[quote]USMCpoolee wrote:

[quote]Wilba wrote:

[quote]Alpha wrote:
and Nards, i would consider it if people actually seemed interested. I am not sure if there is much of a demand for such something in this community right now. [/quote]

Count me in. That’s 3 so far. Anyone else out there?[/quote]
x4[/quote]

x5

[quote]xandrewx wrote:
Thanks Alpha it really means the world that you responded to my post. I am giving my all on these workouts and I hope that in the next few weeks I can complete one in its entirety.

Just out of curiosity. How hard are these work outs for you? I know they must be challenging because I don’t think you would do them if they weren’t. But what motivates you in the moment to not give up or slack, or do less weight then you can? [/quote]

Well, they are terribly hard for me! i look at it this way, you can make a set of 25 push-ups extremely hard if you do them correctly, or you can half-arse it and they can be easy…You get as much out of Warrior Athlete as you put in…i just try to give my all every second of every workouts. Obvioulsy some days are better than others, but if i do take a rest period, i am always going before i am ready…and if I am slacking off at all, I have either guys around me (how i rag on like crazy if they are slacking) and they are just waiting to see me give in a little bit, then they ALL jump in on me relentlessly!

Of I have very Loud voice inside my head. i am very self-motivated, and sometimes i will go into a workout with a quote in my head, something like,

“Do not pray for easier tasks, pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your strengths, pray for strengths equal to your tasks.”

Then when things get hard i heard these things go off and i literally smile, feel less sorry for myself and kick it into a new level.

That is what gets me through them everyday. that and thinking about how blessed i am even for the oportunity to be able to workout when i have plently of friends who are no longer able…

Ok to all of you that are interested, what I am thinking about doing (but i need to talk to the owers of 5100Block to see if they will even allow me to do this) is start another log in the training log section where I will lay out the Warrior Athlete everyday. this is mainly so my friends overseas can check it out here, (Bcause 5100Block.com is blocked in most sandier places)

But I will leave it up to you guys to scale it to where you want it to be. there re way too many people at way too many different fitness levels for me to be able to cater to everyone.

What i would reccommend you guys do is just stick to whatever strength stuff is working for you right now, and then add in a piece of the WA programs.

See, most of the Warrior Athlete sessions (Just the work portions, not counting the AM/PM exercises) have 1 part insert, 1 part strength, and 1 part extract, i would advise you to tear it appart and start adding some of the conditiong stuff…as you build up, you can choose to (or not) to move more toward what we are doing everyday.

Would that work out for you guys that are interested? again, i still haven’t cleared this on my other contract btw so don’t expect anything yet, I am just seeing if that would raise some interest.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
Would that work out for you guys that are interested? again, i still haven’t cleared this on my other contract btw so don’t expect anything yet, I am just seeing if that would raise some interest.

[/quote]

Id be down with that. I just threw one of your conditioning pieces in my workout today. Id love to do these after every one of my strength training days.

I have been looking at warrior athlete on 5100block. I have taken some ideas from it and plan to use scaled down versions of this as a type of crosstraining for rowing as well as massively boosting mental strength. I would definitely follow it on here as well as I check both sites regularly. I love the what is warrior athlete article. That pretty much summarises what separates winners from average people. I have saved that article and plan on using it for motivation. It is good to be reminded why it is worth putting the effort into training.

[quote]Alpha wrote:

But I will leave it up to you guys to scale it to where you want it to be. there re way too many people at way too many different fitness levels for me to be able to cater to everyone.

What i would reccommend you guys do is just stick to whatever strength stuff is working for you right now, and then add in a piece of the WA programs.

[/quote]
What I was thinking is just one workout every week or so, and all of us that are interested do it on one of our conditioning days and we post our times or whatever later.
You’re already doing more than enough by even having the Warrior Athlete up, so I don’t want to ask too much.

I really need to build up my work capacity. No way can I come close to finishing any of these workouts; but it’s something for me to push for. I definitely want to burn through such sessions.

Thanks for the ideas, Alpha.

Alpha–just a quick question…from a complete newbie point of view–where do you think the starting point is,in terms of an actual strength and conditioning workout… that is aside from just ‘going at it’ and seeing waht happens. ??