Crossfit on Overdrive

Just gonna throw this out there. Has anyone here tried the Warrior Athlete workouts from Alpha? 国产精品久久99,国产精品久久国,国产精品久久国产精品99,345电影院日韩女性性开放视频,欧美在线无码的动态,韩国爆操swag

I have been looking into it and the workouts are pretty nuts. I know crossfit gets a lot of hate on this site but just curious if anyone is trying WA or similar style/intensity workouts and seeing any positive or negative effects as a result?

Hey, thanks for the cameo brother! I appreciate it!

I have the blog n my favorites but holy shit look at this recent workout:

[b]100 Burpee Pull-ups

10 sets of 3 Reps of Squats. Work up to a new 3RM…

100 Burpee Pull-ups

Put your bodyweight on the bar and front squat it 50 times…take as many sets as you need…

100 Burpee Pull-ups [/b]

Fuck me I’m doing that!

These are the sort of things I’d do but I would scale it way, way down.

Great blog though, even if I can’t do the stuff at least it’s very motivational just to visit it and read the stuff there.

To me it WAY better than crossfit imo and I much prefer it over Military Athlete too. Alpha is pretty spot when he lays out the volume of each session. He likes to take you to damn near core melt down, but reels you right back in before you burn out. My body is pumped ALL day after each session and he also provide great mentor ship by helping you prepare you mind and spirit as well. Thanks again Alpha !

BLACKMags

Very Sick. looks like similar days as sealfit.com.
nasty all over. havent looked at the site yet but whats the nutrition and recovery for this craziness?

Looks like a great site, just favourited it. Oh and my prediction for the subject of “Meditations on Violence” is how to use violent thoughts to up your performance, which I’ve been doing for years. Just make sure you have an exertion prepared or you’ll break something.

thanks for all of the kindness fellas, we are working hard over there.

Maybe someday T-Nation will have something similar over here

ok so nothing but admiration if this is the way you train-eat-recover-promote-influence-live(i think ive covered them all). But in following mindset and footsteps looking for details. I read the WA posts on Tnation and got oodles of info (such as you make sweet love to LAX ball and foam roller) as well as a good idea of your food. I couldnt find anything on supplements (besides pro powder and BCAA and fish oil).

Also any particular reason over choosing metcon (ish/labled) wods before strength?

In your old tnation blog I couldnt really tell when you were taking breaks.

Do you have just all day to workout and recover?
youve labled somethings as (as fast as possible) but if no such indications are given is it just GIFD (get it the f**K done)? no time or anything needed?
No homo but Id like to see you do a full wods besides lifts.

I cant even call this crazy im more like “i need to get to this level!” but at the same time ive noticed youve talked about how conditioning and such has improved from ruck runs and such but have you done any of the time tested wods from CF for fun? or is that nothing you care about?
Id like to run more but im having huge problems with my calves, they are beyond tight, no matter what. ice, LAX ball, foam roller nothing is helping. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any info and keep on kicking ass.

Maybe, Alpha you could make something up for us fellow T-Nationers that want to do some conditioning, and we can post our times.
Nothing like that Warrior Athlete stuff though!..that’s too hard, for me.

I cant handle his weights either but everything can be modified or scaled and still produce a pretty badass workout. If the weight/reps/rounds looks like to much adjust the W/R/R. Alpha should have probably written it but from what his blog looks like so far its less “everyone must do this” and more like “if you have the time/balls and desire then do this” but it should say “adjust W/R/R according to athletic ability.”

Im thinking of attacking these workouts systematically rather than try and jump in and swim. Obviously one would need to build up to Alpha (if thats even freaking possible :wink:
Ive been looking for something like this due to improved conditioning/strength/lean muscle/fat loss.

Alpha is big on certain lifts any reason you havent branched out into others or have you already I just havent seen it?

hipsr4runnin: Ok let me see if i can address ome of these questions:

Supps: i only take Protein, fish oil and BCAA’s man, that’s all.

I like to do some metcon stuff before the strength because in my job a lot of times when you are in a fight, you are already smoked and finding strength when your already exhausted is a big part of what we are training for. Also once your body adapts to you doing this than it kind of becomes almost a big warm-up and is an non issue strength wise.

i didn’t take breaks in my old T-Nation log, those were basically the “Work” portions of the WA sessions.

and NO I definitely do not have all day to workout and recover. It is just like everyone else’s schedule, I work anywhere for 50-60 hours most weeks and just get the sessions done when ever I can it them in.

Always assume that you should be trying to get things done as fast as possible even if i don’t write it down. i am not big on rest intervals, even during the strength portions.

And no i don’t really care much about CF and the timed wod’s i am just kind of doing my own things and am trying to get better every day. If I were you i would be constantly stretching out my calves. like 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night until they started to loosen up some. Also take a LAX ball and roll it around under the sole of your foot, this helps out a lot of people’s calf tightness as well.

And what lifts are you asking about right here? ^^

and Nards, i would consider it if people actually seemed interested. I am not sure if there is much of a demand for such something in this community right now.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I decided to give it a try. Today’s workout was brutal. I had to modify the following:

My core isn’t strong enough to do windshield wipers yet so I subbed in ab work in the giant set.

Also I only made the power clean ladder up to 10 and from 10 down to 1 at the end. My form got so bad from fatigue that I got scared I was going to injure myself.

I loved the workout though and am excited for tomorrow.

Great job xandrewx, and welcome to the team brother!

Thanks Alpha it really means the world that you responded to my post. I am giving my all on these workouts and I hope that in the next few weeks I can complete one in its entirety.

Just out of curiosity. How hard are these work outs for you? I know they must be challenging because I don’t think you would do them if they weren’t. But what motivates you in the moment to not give up or slack, or do less weight then you can?

Hey Alpha! Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Is there any way you can PM or email me a few of the different workouts? I’m overseas right now and for some reason our internet server won’t let me go 5100block! Thanks again man! Keep it up! James.

well done Alpha, looks like some great workouts you’ve provided us

[quote]Alpha wrote:
and Nards, i would consider it if people actually seemed interested. I am not sure if there is much of a demand for such something in this community right now. [/quote]

Count me in. That’s 3 so far. Anyone else out there?

[quote]Wilba wrote:

[quote]Alpha wrote:
and Nards, i would consider it if people actually seemed interested. I am not sure if there is much of a demand for such something in this community right now. [/quote]

Count me in. That’s 3 so far. Anyone else out there?[/quote]
x4

Nards and others: If one were so inclined, one could just tinker with previous Alpha workouts and make them still tough, yet manageable…kind of.

I developed a man crush on Alpha (mainly out of admiration. A lot of people I have read see his workouts and are like “Moses! Thats crazy! Way beyond Crossfit. Good for you Alpha. I aint gona do that shit…no way…no how.” My reaction was “say what?!? I feel like I bitch, Im doing this tomorrow.”)

One thing I learned a long time ago when I got rhabdo doing a gym jones workout after a good night of drinking is how to fracking scale things to my athletic abilites.

So I traced back Alpha blog and steps and jumped on workouts from his last blog on here. Why? because he has developed and progressed in a particular manner. I as well need to try and progress, even in my own way, in a similar fashion. I consider the 5100 block as Major leagues, so naturally I need to learn T Ball first.

Here is what I have been doing the past few days. This is his old blog in which I have been pulling workouts from: Alpha's Work II - Training Logs - Forums - T Nation

1st wod I tried i knew the volume was too much. So I broke it up into an AM and PM session. If you can do this I suggest it. Take his wods and crack it in half, possible even seperate days, especially if you have never done this type of training.

Workouts: Broke my 1st Alpha Wod into 2 different sessions. I jumped into this with no time off and my sunday workout crippled me, so like a semi dumb ass I figured no day off necessary I’ll do an Alpha workout next day no biggie…how bad could it be?? (slaps himself)

2/21/11
7AM WOD: 20# vest 3 mile truck then: Complexes: 8 reps each exercise without putting down the bar. 3 sets, 95lbs, 105lbs, 115lbs. 17:56 (run drained me, bar felt uber heavy, weak sauce dripped from my brow)

Deads+Bent BB Rows+Hang cleans+Front Squats+Military Press+Back squats+Good Mornings
Sprint 400 Meters Then: muscle up work +foam roll+PWON (post-work-nutrition) Big glass full of BCAA (I do IF so this was all fasted. If you want to know about my food just ask.)

830PM WOD:
Strength: Giant sets. 1a, 1b,1c, rest 1 minute, repeat

1a. Bent BB Row: 155/5, 175/5, 185/5, 195/5, 205/5
1b. Standing Military Press: 135/5, 135/5, 140/3, 145/3, 150/2
1c. Good Mornings: 5x8 @45lb bar

Metcon: 5 rounds ASAP

10 Burpee pull-ups
10 ring dips
10 Knees to elbows
21:17

2 BB complexes DL+BOR+HPC+FS+P+BS+400M @95lbs

2/22/11
Run 1.5 miles as fast as possible

Strength: Giant sets

1a. Split Jerk: 155/3, 165/3, 175/3, 185/3, 185/3, 185/3, 195/3
1b. Dead hang Pull Ups: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
1c. Obliques: 7 sets of 8 reps a side

MetCon: As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes-

5 Dead hang pull-ups
10 Push ups
15 Bodyweight squats

For a total of 18.5 rounds in 20 minutes

Accessory: Superset

2a. DB Semi Suponated overhead press: 45/10, 45/10, 45/10
2b. Crunches: 50-50-50

DB Lat Raises: 30/10, 35/10, 40/7

2/23/11
Off for anniversary

2/24/11
Insert:

25 Burpee Pull-ups
10 53lb DB Turkish Get-ups
25 Burpee Pull-ups

Strength: Giant sets: 1a, 1b, 1c, rest 1 minute repeat

1a. BB Back Squats 5-5-5-3-1
1b. Flat Bench DB Press w Twist 4x10
1c. 5 Sets of 10 V sit-ups

2a. BB Front Squats: 3-3-3-3
2b. Inclince Bench + band stretch 6x8
2c. 4 Sets of 8 hanging leg raises

Extract:

25 Burpee Pull-ups
25 Burpee Pull-ups

Drop Set of DB flyes 45(10 reps)-40(12 reps)-35(14 reps)-30(16 reps)-20 (20 reps)(no rest between)

Feeling Omega if you know what Im saying :slight_smile: