Crossfit on ESPN

Who here can climb a rope because i tried climbing one at venice beach and there was no way

[quote]yoitspmart wrote:
Who here can climb a rope because i tried climbing one at venice beach and there was no way [/quote]
It’s not hard once you get the hang of the different techniques… or you can just do hands only and be boss (which I do from time to time)

[quote]yoitspmart wrote:
Who here can climb a rope because i tried climbing one at venice beach and there was no way [/quote]

It’s a piece of cake once you manage to get the right technique. A good, strong grip helps as well.

I was working on climbing the rope while in Afghanistan, however, there is no rope here in Germany. Sucks…

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:
I was working on climbing the rope while in Afghanistan, however, there is no rope here in Germany. Sucks…[/quote]

Yeah, people in Germany hang themselves with ties or telephone wires.

I don’t think Crossfit is very popular in Europe (for what I know), but if it gets people to do exercice, why not “support” it?

I was working on climbing the rope while in Afghanistan, however, there is no rope here in Germany. Sucks…[/quote]

Its because all their money goes to reparations, cant afford ze damn rope.

There is an affiliate right down the road from my house.

Based on what I have seen of the group runs and stuff, a number of the members are developing and they are getting results.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I have major issues with 95% of affiliates, simply because they have inexperienced/unqualified coaches charging people large sums of money for canned 1 hr workouts that involve a lot of complicated movements that most of the clients cannot do safely.

Yeah…but isnt this like mostly every gym out there including all the major globogyms? The world is filled with inexperienced/underqualified people charging largs sums of money for all kinds of crazy shit even in professions that can cause death or injury. You dont have to be a genius to do a thruster, Muscle and Fitness explain how in 5 easy steps. A lot of mags even try to show people how to perform olympic lifts. You cant fix stupid but you can make stupid pay to demonstrate stupid.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

Yeah, people in Germany hang themselves with ties or telephone wires.

[/quote]

heh…nice.