CrossFit + Getting Big = Reality?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]TanoBJJ wrote:
this time with a little help of some steroids (not really ashamed[/quote]
You shouldn’t be ashamed, but you should recognize and admit that you’re trying to use steroids as a shortcut in place of smart training and eating.

You just said that you lifted for “over six months”, got frustrated, and now you’re going to start lifting again. I’m taking that to mean you quit lifting for a while because you didn’t get what you wanted, instead of adjusting course and making intelligent corrections to your plan.

Okay, cool. Glad to hear you’ve tried everything. So you’ve tried eating a dozen eggs a day? Or drinking a gallon of milk a day? Or eating 4,500 calories a day, seven days a week? Or getting your squat to 225 for 20 reps? Or getting your overhead press to 135 for 10 reps? Or getting your power clean to 185 for 5? I’m stumped as to why that all didn’t work.[/quote]

And Colucci goes “OFF” ! Ha, this ^ is brilliant !!!

[quote]TanoBJJ wrote:
What are your goals? to get bigger, at least 20-30 lbs as I said in the original post, much better if it’s lean muscle.
How far from these goals are you right now? I’m far.
How long do you realistically expect to take to reach these goals? I should be there in 6-8 months.
What are you prepared to do to achieve these goals? I’m prepared to train hard and eat big.[/quote]

It’ll take you quite a bit longer than a couple of months to reach 170-180lb while staying lean. Make that 2+ years.

[quote]TanoBJJ wrote:
What are your goals? to get bigger, at least 20-30 lbs as I said in the original post, much better if it’s lean muscle.
[/quote]
So you want to get bigger? Then why are you not doing a hypertrophy based program?

If you don’t know how you’re going to get from point A to point B, it seems a bit far fetched to assume you know how long it’s going to take.

[quote]
What are you prepared to do to achieve these goals? I’m prepared to train hard and eat big.[/quote]
That might be all you need to do. You may also need to make other sacrifices, like reducing your BJJ and other conditioning to focus on one clear goal at a time.

Bottom line is that if you really want to get bigger, there’s plenty of tried and tested ways to do that, you don’t need a trainer to write you a unique and special plan. It’s literally as simple as staying consistent with a proven hypertrophy plan (my personal favourites are Mass Made Simple and 5/3/1 Boring But Big, but feel free to choose another if that motivates you more) and eating more food. If you aren’t growing, you aren’t eating enough, it really is that simple. The only S you should be putting in your body at this point is steak.

The Cliff notes:

More food
Heavier weights

Thank you all very much for your help.

I think you should get on a cycle, do crossfit with it. You should make some good gains in size, strength, and conditioning very quickly. Especially with the PED help.

After you do that for a couple of cycles, I would suggest you follow an Arnold type upper/lower split hitting lower body, back and chest, and arms and shoulders twice a week. Change your stack to a more mass building focus.

I think you are the perfect candidate and why steroids can be so popular. You already stated that you tried for 6 months and gave up. What are going to do differently this time, especially when you already have steroids in your head? You are looking for a quick change that really PEDs give you the best chance at achieving. The only thing I would suggest about taking them is do your research on the stacks you plan on taking. I have never taken PEDs, but I know a little about them through some minor research and knowing people first hand who took them and some still(again) take them. There are stacks that will help you really blow up very quickly and then there are stacks that give you very solid gains (a little more than top natty potential) but when you come off the stack you won’t loose as much as you will on the former. Just do some research and lots of different sources of that research.

[quote]mbdix wrote:
I think you should get on a cycle, do crossfit with it. You should make some good gains in size, strength, and conditioning very quickly. Especially with the PED help.

After you do that for a couple of cycles, I would suggest you follow an Arnold type upper/lower split hitting lower body, back and chest, and arms and shoulders twice a week. Change your stack to a more mass building focus.

I think you are the perfect candidate and why steroids can be so popular. You already stated that you tried for 6 months and gave up. What are going to do differently this time, especially when you already have steroids in your head? You are looking for a quick change that really PEDs give you the best chance at achieving. The only thing I would suggest about taking them is do your research on the stacks you plan on taking. I have never taken PEDs, but I know a little about them through some minor research and knowing people first hand who took them and some still(again) take them. There are stacks that will help you really blow up very quickly and then there are stacks that give you very solid gains (a little more than top natty potential) but when you come off the stack you won’t loose as much as you will on the former. Just do some research and lots of different sources of that research.[/quote]

^OP, please ignore this fucking fool. He has no idea on what he’s talking about.

*Edited to include quote

It’s alright guys, no need to get mad. As I said on my previous post, I’m off the steroids idea anyway (couldn´t afford it and was out of frustration that I brought that up). I appreciate everyone’s imput on this, though, as I’m learning here.

So when working with a nutritionist eating all that food what was your macro break down?

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
So when working with a nutritionist eating all that food what was your macro break down?[/quote]

300 gr protein, 300 gr carbs, 100 gr fat. I haven’t been training for a while (except for BJJ), and although I’m keeping my meals as clean as possible, I’m not being obsessive about everything I eat right now.

[quote]mbdix wrote:

I think you are the perfect candidate and why steroids can be so popular. You already stated that you tried for 6 months and gave up. What are going to do differently this time, especially when you already have steroids in your head? You are looking for a quick change that really PEDs give you the best chance at achieving. The only thing I would suggest about taking them is do your research on the stacks you plan on taking. I have never taken PEDs, but I know a little about them through some minor research and knowing people first hand who took them and some still(again) take them. There are stacks that will help you really blow up very quickly and then there are stacks that give you very solid gains (a little more than top natty potential) but when you come off the stack you won’t loose as much as you will on the former. Just do some research and lots of different sources of that research.[/quote]

This is terrible, irresponsible advice from someone who freely admits to have never taken PED’s.