Cross Country + Llifting Nutrition

I understand there is a certain paradox present in combining Cross Country and heavy weight lifting, but it works for me and I love them and perform well in both. 

My situation is as follows: I run Cross Country five days a week, Monday through Friday, and lift three days a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Cross Country is directly after school, at 2:30 P.M., and lasts as long as 45 minutes, though usually shorter. I have to lift after cross country, as it is the only time of the day I have availible to do so. My question is, what is the most appropriate nutrition plan for me, considering I want to put a maximal effort forth in both Cross Country and Lifting? Currently I’ve been doing this:

==2:00 Solid food, fast carbs + whey isolate protein (can’t afford enough MRPs to have one everyday here, and shakes are hard to mix in time)

-Medium Banana 180cal 2pro 1fat 41fastcarb

& one of the following

-Protein Bar 270cal 32pro 7fat 26slowcarb
or
-Energy Bar 260cal 16pro 7fat 34mixedcarb

=====Cross Country

==3:30-4:30 PWO Shake
-2 Medium Bananas 360cal 4pro 2fat 82fastcarb
-2 scoops whey 250cal 40pro 5fat 12carb

=====Lifting

==Directly after lifting
-600cal shake with 40pro 5-10fat 70fast carb

== (One hour after previous meal)
-Mixed solid meal, shooting for: 600 cal 45 pro 5 fat 90 slow carb

Another question or two heh… After cross country, I understand that my glycogen stores are depleted. I’ve been told that fast carbs replenish these stores quickly, so I’ve been doing my best to get a lot of food with fast carbs directly after cross country, especially on lifting days. How long does it take for the body to recover from hard cardio, as in restore glycogen, and how long should I wait before lifting after cross country and my pwo shake?

I’m doing Rippetoe’s program, so I am exclusively using heavy compound movements.

My caloric totals always come out over 4,000 a day, and range up do 5,000 on days I lift on top of Cross Country. I only eat clean. Haven’t had anything besides clean food in about a year.

I’m 6’2" 200 lbs., roughly 8% bf.

Thanks for your help ^.^

Heh I’ll just eat everything I can so I don’t lose my strength/muscle. Just thought I’d get some opinions.

I would think doing both Cross and lifting and being 200lbs you might even want to bump up those calories even more.

What type of mileage are you doing?

I’m too lazy to do the math - what are the totals for pro/carbs/fat? Estimation, since you mentioned it changes but you eat clean.

-Dan

[quote]ExNole wrote:
I would think doing both Cross and lifting and being 200lbs you might even want to bump up those calories even more.

What type of mileage are you doing?[/quote]

It really depends, it varies so much to be honest. From 2 miles, to 8 miles, to crazy track pace work. Heh. I hit 5500 today, and just had some cottage cheese a second ago

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
I’m too lazy to do the math - what are the totals for pro/carbs/fat? Estimation, since you mentioned it changes but you eat clean.

-Dan[/quote]

350-400 pro, 75-100 fat (try to balance out the distribution of the different types of fats), 500+carbs

I ramp it down some on offdays, but I usually end up back at 4k on rest days regardless.

I’m sticking to this rough intake for another week to see what it does for me, if I’m droppin weight I’ll ramp it up more.