Crooked Squat, Please Help If You Can

Hello all,

I have been trying to fix my backsquat because it the bar has been going crooked but I have no idea why. I don’t even feel it on the way down or up. I loaded a couple of videos. If you can help me then please I am definitely open to suggestions. I just don’t want to get injured. Thank you if you do help me. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to look over this.

First, have someone look at the bar on your shoulders. Make sure it’s centered. You’d be surprised how many folks take an even width grip and then duck under the bar and get off an inch or two because of wrecked shoulders or poor mobility in general. while on mobility, This could be a mobility issue; I.e tightness in your glute, glute medius, hamstring, quadratus or tfl etc.; Or it could be strength issue, that your right side is stronger and so you’re favoring it.

Either way, a mobility session would do us all good… I’d also search for the Neanderthal no more series right here at T nation by Eric Cressey and Mike Roberts, and also thrown in more single leg work to help identify any flexibility issues and balance any strength differences. Also look up DeFranco’s agile 8 or Limber 11. There is also a remote chance that there is a leg length discrepancy, but I’d err on the afore mentioned items as the culprit.

Hope this helps.

I double checked the bar being centered on my back. Thank you very much for your other suggestions, I will check those out ASAP. Again thank you.

Do you normally get sore after workouts? If so, do you feel soreness in different areas for the opposite sides?

I have an imbalance in my quads from playing sports in high school. My vastus medialis is stronger/bigger on my right side and my rectus femoris is stronger/bigger on my left side, lol. I’m focusing on front squats now and it feels like things are starting to even out since the weak muscle are the most sore. Recording myself every session helps too.

I double checked the bar being centered on my back. Thank you very much for your other suggestions, I will check those out ASAP. Again thank you.