Croc Hunter Dead

It looks like his antics finally caught up with him.

Television personality and environmentalist Steve Irwin has died in a marine accident in north Queensland, state government sources say.

The 44-year-old is believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest, the sources said.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred.

Mr Irwin’s body was being flown to Cairns by helicopter.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That sucks. I know a lot of ozzies that thought he was an embarassment, but screw it, the guy was half off his rocker and having a good time. Cant fault him for that. I guess I really cant say I’m surprised tho.

“Crikey!”

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
That sucks. I know a lot of ozzies that thought he was an embarassment, but screw it, the guy was half off his rocker and having a good time. Cant fault him for that. I guess I really cant say I’m surprised tho.[/quote]

Most Australians I know would say that he was an embarassment, but I think that deep down most of them like him. I was a very big fan and love the attitude that he had to life.

oops… I just posted this o well did’nt see this ! :wink:

Mother Nature is beautiful, but terrible sometimes as well. The irony of this being that this man made himself famous by trying to show us that wildlife isn’t as scary or as terrifying as we all think it is – so of course a wild animal kills him.

After years of playing with crocs, sharks, snakes… he is taken down by a stingray, perhaps one of the more intelligent and friendly of the potentially dangerous sea creatures out there. I am under the impression that stingrays aren’t that aggressive unless they are provoked, you know, like being stepped on. If you guys have ever seen his show, you know that Steve kinda has a habit of pissing off the wildlife he comes into contact with.

I wonder if… nah. It doesn’t matter now anyway. Poor SOB.

We’ll miss your crazy ass, Steve Irwin. RIP

This bloody sucks. :frowning: At least he died doing what he loved to do.

That’s too bad. He died for the same reason as the dodo bird though. Fear exists for a reason.

I wonder how long until the video ends up on the net.

It kinda hard to believe… I mean wrestling crocs! then a stingray kills him??

that must have been one pretty badass stingray!

I have swam with rays and they were pretty gentle.

Steve Erwin will be missed.

[quote]BlaZe wrote:
It kinda hard to believe… I mean wrestling crocs! then a stingray kills him??

that must have been one pretty badass stingray!

I have swam with rays and they were pretty gentle.

Steve Erwin will be missed. [/quote]

Dude these were STEVE IRWIN stingrays, which means they proberbly shot botox from their eyeballs and crapped plutonium

Unbelievable! That sucks. For as goofy as the guy was, he was just as hardcore at what he did. He was the original crazy wildlife guy and there have been many who have tried to copy his style but fall way short. He will definitely be missed.

I’m shattered!
Yeah he could be a bit of dick the way he carried on, but bloody hell, he loved life and was doing some terrific things for the environment and other Aussies too. What a way to go, a bloody sting ray?

Say it ain’t so…!!!

[quote]duke wrote:

Say it ain’t so…!!!

[/quote]

Part of me expects to see the news tonight with Steve Irwin alive and well and talking about the ‘publicity stunt’ that he has pulled today to promote his next documentary.

[quote]Helga wrote:
duke wrote:

Say it ain’t so…!!!

Part of me expects to see the news tonight with Steve Irwin alive and well and talking about the ‘publicity stunt’ that he has pulled today to promote his next documentary.[/quote]

Me too!
I like this crazy guy!

[quote]Helga wrote:
Part of me expects to see the news tonight with Steve Irwin alive and well and talking about the ‘publicity stunt’ that he has pulled today to promote his next documentary.[/quote]

A nice thought, but it’s been confirmed by police:

Guys, remember… stingray poison is very toxic. A shot to the chest with a decent amount of venom will kill your ass pretty damn quick. There’s plenty of folks every year who lose feet and lower legs from stepping on stingrays.

Poor bastard. At least his wife and bub will be okay financially (I assume).

Apparently there are only 3 recorded deaths by stingray in aus. I think that’s exactly the way Steve should go.

I never thought he was an embarrassment. He was just kooky and dammit I’d rather kooky than stuffed shirt.

He was a f*cking legend.

And there was a tv commercial a few years back, where he “died” from a snake bite.

Guess he/we always knew how it was going to go down.

[quote]Helga wrote:
duke wrote:

Say it ain’t so…!!!

Just watched the 4:30 news - it’s true, tragically true.

I feel like shit.